Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Coffee and Tea Bar with Lemon Decor

 When I transitioned my kitchen sideboard from a Christmas Gingerbread Hot Cocoa Bar (here) to a Winter Sports Themed Cocoa Bar (here), I was already thinking ahead to what I could do in the spring when hot cocoa would be out of season. 



I decided that lemons and forsythia were the perfect spring decor and I set up a different kind of beverage station based on...



...this Coffee & Tea Bar sign I found on Amazon.



Because the sign was black, as was my coffee maker, I decided to go with a yellow and black/white buffalo check colour scheme.



I decorated this end of the coffee bar with a faux forsythia arrangement, candles, mugs, plates, and faux lemon slices. 



Mr Rooster overlooks the coffee scene.



A small white pitcher holds spoons for stirring the hot beverages.



Jar candles add a warm glow to the coffee & tea station.



Appropriately named, this "Sweet Lemon" candle by Homestead Candle Company has the perfect lemony scent.



Another fav is this one called "Afternoon Tea" which also goes well with my theme.



The Coffee & Tea Bar sign was hung on top of a shiplap background that hangs over the middle section of the sideboard.



I wanted to elevate this portion of the decor so I used a wooden riser that Mr Delight built for me. A wire basket filled with faux lemons and pots of greenery sit on top of it along with some mugs and little signs. 



 The far end of the sideboard holds the Flex Brew beverage maker. Tea bags, coffee pods and some packages of Starbucks' vanilla latte are conveniently placed beside it on a tiered tray. Another faux forsythia arrangement serves as a colourful backdrop.



 Both ends of the cabinet also got some decor in the form of baskets and pillows.



 On this side, a lemon pillow was set in front of a buffalo check one in a wire basket atop a vintage wooden stool.



 A market bag was hung on the cabinet door as an added embellishment.



 Having this space in my kitchen all set up as a beverage station has made getting a cup of coffee or tea all the more fun!



 The only problem is that it tends to make me take way more coffee breaks than I should!



 Do you have a place set up in your home where you can grab a quick hot beverage?


Thanks for visiting!


Coffee & Tea Bar Sign - Amazon (last month)
Faux Forsythia - Dollar Store (a couple years ago)
Faux Lemons - Amazon & HomeSense (last year)
Small Lemon Bowls - HomeSense (last year)
Greenery - Ikea (this year)
Lemon Pillows - Bed, Bath & Beyond (last year)
Most Everything Else I've had for many years

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace

25 comments:

  1. OMG! I simple love this lemon theme. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lemons. They make it so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..such a happy space. Love the yellow and black- perfect colors for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! Forsythia is long past its prime in my region, but I absolutely adore its fresh color in spring. Lemons are a daily staple for me in my water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sure nice to have one special place to play in the home, especially when it is utilized for serving! Loving the Spring vibe! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!so colorful and springy. I also like your wall color,do you know the color you used? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very colorful and springy. I really like your wall color,do you know the name of the paint you used? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol for your kind compliment on my Coffee & Tea Bar. Sorry, but we painted our kitchen so many years ago, I can't even remember the colour - it was some type of Martha Stewart paint. I'm wanting to paint again! ~ Lori

      Delete
  8. Lori, that is gorgeous! Wish I had a spot to do something similar in my home. Instead, I have a corner of the kitchen countertop dedicated to my many-cups-a-day tea habit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cheerful, pretty display! Love the lemon yellow with the black and white buffalo check. Another great design, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a delightful breath of fresh air, all ready for summertime fun! I would keep this and switch it over to lemonade and lemon bars for summertime! Delightful, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know which I love more, your amazing tablescapes or your coffee bar scapes. I love that the latter can be on display longer. You are the Queen of Scapes, Lori! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the black and white details with the POP of yellow! We will be featuring your project this week on the Creative Crafts Linky Party. Thanks for joining in the FUN! Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. So bright and sunny and happy! It just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm featuring you this week! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party - Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the bright yellows in this setting and the rooster. Such a great way to celebrate warmer days. You will be featured this week with us. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so beautiful! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so bright and beautiful. Absolutely love this setup :)
    #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this lemon theme and Mr. Rooster! Everything looks so great together! I have selected your awesome coffee and tea bar as one of my features at this weekend's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! The yellow is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really lovely bar! I love the bright yellow everywhere. Pinned for inspiration. I have a little area I would like to turn into a coffee bar. I also featured this at this weekend's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party, which is now live.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your beverage station is so darling Lori! The lemon decor is absolutely perfect for spring, and I love the previous ones too! Great inspiration - I'd love to have a spot in our house for something like that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an amazing coffee station, the yellow makes it pop!
    You are being featured on #omhgww, be sure to stop by and share again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lori, I love your new photograph (you!) and this post is really fun!!! I think you already know (I've seen messages, just haven't replied yet...), but I featured your post at Share Your Style #304 a week ago. SYS will be off for two weeks (last and this week) as I finished the school year and flew here to Tennessee for a wedding. Just too busy and a bit tired! Needed a break away... ;)

    Hope all is well with you and I really enjoyed your lemon and coffee bar! I often put lemon slices in my tea. :)
    Big summer hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".