Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Berries & Birch - Summer to Fall Tablescape


It seems every year in mid August, I start eyeing up the Mountain Ash trees in our area and thinking how wonderful the berries they produce are.  Their colour, texture and size look so perfect on the branches especially against the green leaves.



Finally, this year, I got out my trimmers and snipped a few branches to create a transitional summer to fall tablescape.

I set the table up in our backyard for an outdoor dinner party.

I started by using two of these folding tables and pushed them against each other to form a wide table.

A set-up like this allows for a larger centerpiece with 8 place settings though you might be able to squeeze in 10 if necessary.



Birch seemed to be a natural pairing with the Mountain Ash berries so I got out the birch log candle holders Mr Delight made for me.

I also used some smaller birch logs underneath the Mountain Ash branches.

This was actually a pretty easy centerpiece to put together as the berries looked best just draped naturally over the logs.

Coordinating tealights were placed in the birch candleholders.


A burlap table runner under the centerpiece added to the natural vibe.

A beige and white buffalo check tablecloth provided a neutral background for the table. 


I layered it over white tablecloths so that it went to the ground.

The place settings were done in green, orange, white and brown.

Although a bit early in the season, I couldn't resist using my leaf bowls.

I made placecards and set them on top of the cloth napkins.

More berries in old spice jars created a pretty embellishment at each place setting.

The berries, placecards and napkins were set atop birch rounds.


Amber stemware provided a fall tone to the table.

Gold flatware was a fun contrast to the rustic look.






I love using "nature" as a centerpiece - so easy and economical! 

Do you have any Mountain Ash trees in your area?

Although orange right now, Mountain Ash berries continue to turn darker as the season progresses and by winter, are often a beautiful red colour...perfect for Christmas!

And that has me dreaming even further ahead...but for now, I'm just going to savour the upcoming fall months!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Share Your Style at 21 Rosemary Lane

12 comments:

  1. That is all so beautiful! Love those leaf bowls especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so captivated by your table. Casually elegant with so many interesting details. The birch logs are just the thing to add to the ash berries. You can't beat your fabulous backdrop! We're facing 2 more months of summer so I haven't even begun to think of fall.

    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I do love this! How pretty this would be even for a wedding. Putting the two tables together made a nice area for a beautiful center arrangement. The birch is really appealing withthe mountain ash berries. Nature rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Wow! Lori!!! This is gorgeous!!! I love the setting, I love the color combinations, I love the naturals. The whole scene is so pretty. I would be doing cartwheels in my back yard if I set such a fabulous table!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The color is fabulous and the setting is just drawing me in. Great job on this table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so beautiful Lori, I envy your guests! Smart idea putting 2 tables together, and I love the color palette and elements you chose. What a wonderful spot for dinner al fresco!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your berries and birch tablescape is gorgeous and just perfect for a late summer early fall dinner party. I absolutely love the color of the Mountain Ash berries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful tablescape! I love the Mountain Ash and birch logs. I have an Ash tree behind our fire pit. Just the other day I looked at it and thought that I needed to use some of it for fall. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the contrast of the pale birch with the bright orange berries. Great idea to put two folding tables together. One would never have known! Visiting from Style Showcase party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this table setting. So beautiful to greet your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely table, Lori... And those birch candle holders! I've featured you on Tuesday Turn About #5!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tablescape you have prepared. The orange berries are a perfect Fall color as well as all your table settings. Using two tables was genius and your backdrop is prettier than a picture. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".