Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunshine Yellow and Midnight Black Spring Table for Two

In keeping with my lemon decor theme, I decided to set a spring table for two in yellow and black.



 I also added a touch of daisy.



 This little table by our front windows is where we eat a lot of our meals.  The sunny yellow really brightened up the space



I pulled out a few of my black and white plates from my stash and topped them with a yellow bowl.



I  placed yellow gingham napkin in the bowl along with a decorative lemon and daisy as extra embellishment.



Black handled flatware was tied with raffia and placed on the side.



 Yellow cups were filled with tea and lemon slices (faux for now). 



Because the table is so small, instead of a centerpiece, I created a side-piece which began with a white pitcher of faux forsythia.



Beside that, I placed this wire cloche filled with a faux candle and lemons on a stamped stack of books.



 On the other side, this glass vase contains more faux lemons, greenery and some string lights.



Small tealight holders and a faux daisy were placed in between the place settings.



 This tablescape would work well for a spring luncheon or Sunday brunch for two.


The sunny yellow of lemons provides such a cheery vibe and it can be combined with many different colours.  I'm liking the contrast of midnight black with it.


Do you decorate with lemons for spring and/or summer?



Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Yellow and black! So dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You NEVER cease to amaze me with your tablescapes, Lori. Love the yellow and black color scheme. So pretty! I bet dinner guests at your house pull out their phones to take photos before they sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and cheerful setting for two! I always enjoy seeing your special attention to small details like the fairy lights and lemons topping your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of the yellow and black. Lately when I have been thrift shopping I notice plates and dishes even more since you started sharing your tablescapes. Thanks for the inspiration. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".