Pages

Friday, October 18, 2019

Yellow & Gray Harvest Themed Thanksgiving Tablescape

The tablescape I created for Thanksgiving this year was inspired by a recent ad by Pier 1 Imports (yes, again!) which included shades of ocher, gray and white.  I did my own interpretation using more of a mustard yellow colour but I think the vibe is the same. 


I'll let you be the judge after you've seen my tablescape...


   ...and the Pier 1 ad that inspired me.

I went with a harvest theme and incorporated wheat into the design.

The place settings started with a round woven placemat, a white charger and dinner plate topped with a gray salad plate.

A votive candle provided ambiance while some wheat pieces and leaves tied the place setting to the centerpiece.


My amber stemware was the perfect choice for this tablescape.

The centerpiece was arranged on a gray runner underneath another gray & white checked one which was gathered in the middle of the table.

In keeping with Thanksgiving, Mr Turkey was placed center stage and surrounded with wheat arrangements, pumpkins, antlers and faux florals.

I was happy Mr Turkey's colouring coordinated so well with my table colours.

I also placed this smaller turkey at one end of the centerpiece.

A faux white pumpkin was placed next to the vase of wheat.

This large rustic and smaller pumpkin were nestled into some mustard coloured faux floral stems.

I created the wheat centerpieces to add a harvest vibe to the table.

Grains of wheat were used as filler in square glass vases.

White string lights add a bit of sparkle as do the votive candles at each place setting.


While it would have been wonderful to purchase these terrific Pier 1 dishes and linens for my table, I was happy to use what I had on hand and challenge myself to create my own take on this colour scheme.

I'm very thankful to Pier 1 for the inspiration they have provided this season! 
(see here for another tablescape inspired by Pier 1)

I'm a bit late getting this blog post together as Thanksgiving was last weekend here in Canada but I hope you enjoyed seeing it anyway.

Perhaps it will provide some inspiration for my American readers who will be celebrating in November.

9 comments:


  1. Very beautiful version, almost better even ! Love the gold throughout the table. The plates and chargers are wonderful. You are such a talented tablescaper Laurie.
    Hope you had a wonderful and a happy Thanksgiving.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, your table is spectacular. I love the gray that you used. I never would have thought about using that colour. May I ask, where did you get the white atler from. I am doing a rustic deer theme for Christmas this year. I think decorating the table is my favourite part of the day.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Lori, love the mustard and gray. Pier 1 always is a treasure trove of cute stuff! Such a great idea to use them for inspiration!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I think your table is the epitome of a gracious Thanksgiving table. The colors, the arrangements, the use of both glamorous and rustic elements create a harmonious experience. I'm sure your guests had a wonderful experience. And your design definitely surpassed Pier 1's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lori - I might like yours even better than its inspiration! :) Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, and thanks for the ideas for those of us in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful table setting! I love the golden glow of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful table setting incorporating autumn colors with the ever popular gray. The use of natural textures was exemplary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely as always Lori.....love the grey and yellow.
    You did a fantastic job.....you always have a way
    with your tablescapes. They are all spectacular.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lots of great ideas here.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, love your grey and yellow together. Those colors appeal to me and I've used them in my bedroom and sunroom previously. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".