Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Valentine Decor on Kitchen Sideboard

Here's a look at the Valentine decorations I've put out on the sideboard in our kitchen.  I've combined red with black and white buffalo check as the colour scheme and went from there.  It was fun to incorporate the  Christmas trees I still have on each end of the sideboard by adding some hearts.



After Christmas, I couldn't bear to get rid of all the lights and so decided the trees on each end of the island would become "winter trees".  Now, they have become "Valentine trees". 

This was easily accomplished just by adding some hearts from the Dollar Store.

I created this red berries, pine cones and winter stems arrangement for the right side of the sideboard.

Hearts "flow" from the top of the vase.

Buffalo check mugs, white plates and a "You Are My Happy Place" sign sit in front of the vase.

White bird napkin rings surround red napkins on a stack of appetizer plates.


A buffalo check table runner coordinates with the colour scheme.

 On the left side, champagne flutes sit on a riser next to the bottle of bubbly.

A heart shaped vase sits above two little lovebirds. 

Heart shaped pendants and buffalo check bows were attached to the candleholders.

A woven heart sits front and center.

Cinnamon hearts are held in a candy dish tied with a red ribbon.

I  placed a heart below the gather sign above the sideboard and added string lights throughout the decorations for a bit of sparkle.

So now we are ready for Valentine's celebrations from one end of the sideboard...

...to the other!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my Valentine's decorations in this part of our kitchen.

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

7 comments:

  1. I totally love the red, black and white for Valentine. The tablescape is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Red white and black are one of my favorite color combos. Happy Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say... It's simply beautiful!!! Such talent. I love the mix of colors and I love the way you describe each section. I would love to sit there and have a glass of champagne ... it's so inviting. Imagine my joy what I saw that you still had your two Christmas trees. I still have them up too in my dining-room. Happy Valentine's day! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your Valentine sideboard decor ~ Pinned! Good idea switching your trees to Valentine trees. I'm visiting from Tuesday at Our Home. I shared Valentine links, #11 and #12. You should check out #11 for sure ~ you'll see why lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The colors and the hearts are so festive and pretty on your sideboard. Visiting from Silver Pennies Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you kept your trees up, and redecorated them! Growing up, my mom kept our tree up all year, and just decorated it for the different holidays/seasons. One of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your décor is very nice and perfect for that homey feeling thanks so much for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".