Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Fun and Festive Cinco de Mayo Tablescape

 For some reason, flipping the calendar to May always catches me off guard and I'm never organized enough to celebrate Cinco de Mayo on the 5th.



I was determined not to let that happen this year though so I've put together a festive tablescape ahead of time. 



Now, I'm all ready for tacos and margaritas on Wednesday - and I might have tried out a glass of the latter while setting this table!



 My inspiration for this table began with these colourful melamine bowls I recently got at a local Pharmasave store in their decor section.



 The place settings were set on green cloth napkins turned diagonal. Then a white charger was topped by a turquoise dinner plate.



 Blue cloth napkins with a faux floral embellishment were tucked inside terracotta pots in my new bowls.



My green handled flatware was called into service for this casual table.



 What's a Cinco de Mayo party without margaritas?!!


In keeping with the theme, I thought succulents or cacti would make nice table favours for guests - if and when we are allowed to have guests once again :(





I wrapped the metal cans they came in, in  coordinating wrapping paper and tied with ribbon.




Next, let's look at how I created the centerpiece.



 I've had these lanterns in green, blue and orange for ages.  They provided the perfect colours for my centerpiece. 



A combination of a striped table runner and a colourful patterned scarf provided the backdrop for the lanterns. 



 Tealights were added to these mini terracotta pots.  Mini floral arrangements were set alongside the lanterns.



Faux florals in orange and white were paired with faux grasses...



...and arranged in a turquoise vase for the middle of the table.



 This festive tablesetting has definitely put me in the mood to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year!



 How about you?



**Edited - Updated with Food Pics - snapped a few pictures of the food during the evening.

I made individual tortilla chip dips with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.



Strawberry margaritas hit the spot!



We had pre-dinner drinks and snacks in the living room.



Then it was time to serve ourselves at the taco bar I set up on our kitchen island.



Let's Eat!



It was fun celebrating Cinco de Mayo!
 Next time, I hope we can have guests over!


Thanks for visiting!



I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

7 comments:

  1. So colourful and lively:-))
    I'm loving it:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lori! Your table definitely puts me in the mood for some festive fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Lori, this is one of my favorite tablescapes of yours! It reminds me of our annual winter vacation to Mexico. Love the bright colors, the pretty lanterns, and pretty clay pot flower napkins! I so enjoyed your Instagram story post because the music took me right to my happy place. Can you pass one of those margarita's through the computer screen please? Muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This IS fun and festive! I'll be featuring this great tablescape at this weekend's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty table! I love the color combination. It's definitely a party waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tablescape! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade and Traffic Jam Weekend at LifeasaLEOWife.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".