Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Winter ONEderland DIY Cake Smash Photo Shoot

 As promised in my previous post about my granddaughter, Presley's first birthday, I'm back to share a few ideas I had for the Winter ONEderland DIY Cake Smash Photo Shoot I put together and also how it didn't exactly go as planned!



It was certainly an appropriate theme to do with her birthday being in late November and I had fun getting out some of my winter decor for it.




I opted to limit the props to a few trees, stuffed toys, snowflakes and balloons so that it wasn't too hard to capture everything in the photos.



And in the end, Presley was most amused by some pearl necklaces I had on hand.



I created the photo backdrop using a piece of fiber board covered with two panels of sheer white curtains.  I placed string lights between the layers of curtains. 



I then pinned decorative snowflakes at various levels to the curtains.



A vintage stool topped with a doily and a white faux fur mat were added in front of the backdrop.



Presley's outfit was kept simple with a pink onsie, white tutu and a pretty bow for her head.



This was a milestone pic as it was the first capture of her standing unassisted.



But for the most part, Presley was happy to just sit and smile.



Big sister, Harper and their dog, Lilly joined in the action...



...and a lot of laughs ensued.



Things were going along smoothly until the birthday cake was reintroduced...






...and Presley stuck her hand in the icing.



Either she did not like the texture of it or did not like getting messy...




...but things went downhill from there...



...eventually resulting in a complete meltdown.



We tried setting up the backdrop in a different location so she would be distracted...



...but there was no cake smashing going on.



Mommy (my daughter) brought out a cupcake and that was a much bigger hit though Presley still wasn't sure about touching it herself!





Finally, a happy shot of Presley enjoying some cake! 



She even wanted to share with her sister!



The morale of the story is to let your one-year-old be the judge of whether they want to "smash" their birthday cake or not.



This little cutie certainly told us...



...and in the end, we were just fine with it!





Thanks for visiting!




If you'd like to see Presley's Winter ONEderland Birthday Party, click here
For more how-to tips on a DIY Cake Smash Photo Shoot, (Presley's sister, Harper's) click here

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Winter ONEderland with such cute photos of Presley and her family. And how can I not mention your gorgeous backdrop of lights and snowflakes, all so magazine worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your sweet compliments and kind words Tricia! Thank you very much! It was a fun theme to do! ~ Lori

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".