Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Winter ONEderland First Birthday Party

  The month of January has come to an end but it's still definitely still winter around here so I thought I'd share the details of the Winter ONEderland birthday party I threw for my granddaughter when she turned 1 year old back in November.



I was so happy and honoured that my daughter wanted me to host this special event. 



It was such a fun theme to do and little Presley enjoyed checking everything out!



I hope you enjoy it too as you follow along while I take you through the different decor ideas I had and the food we served.



The dining room was the central location for the food and decor but as you will see, I had other areas of our home decked out as well.



I created a winter centerpiece for the dining room table using a combination of various wintry trees, icy-looking glass blocks and a cute little snowman.



I put together a month by month picture board of Presley's first year.




Each month was designated by a numbered snowman on a cupcake print-out.



In the kitchen, I set up a hot cocoa station/beverage bar with a "Winter ONEderland" banner, balloons, lighted twig trees and more winter themed decor.



I made a children's punch that was served in the drink dispenser with vanilla vodka available for adults to add if desired.




The hot cocoa items were placed in the center.


I put two of these cute print-outs in acrylic frames and added the sparkly stick-ons. They were placed on the beverage station.



In the living room, I decorated our fireplace with a wintry vibe using faux evergreens and snowflakes.



I bought these wooden O-N-E letters at the dollar store and painted them white.  They were set in the middle of the mantel to serve as a focal point. Faux snowballs in a bucket and birch logs decorate the hearth area.



This sofa table in our entry held a trio of boxes with O-N-E spelled out. I glued snowflakes and snowballs onto them as well.



Here's a full view of the banners I made for the Winter ONEderland theme. I printed the letters off my computer and glued them to pink cardstock, weaving ribbon through holes punched in the top of each one. I covered the mirror with fabric and added snowflakes and wintry trees, lanterns and decor to the sideboard.



We opted for finger sandwiches and snacks for the party food.



White plates and winter-themed napkins were on hand.



I also had some silver snowflake paper plates for the desserts.



I ordered snowflake picks on Amazon and these were placed into the sandwiches to add to the winter vibe. These are egg salad sandwiches made with homemade bread my mom provided.



And she also made these cute little homemade ham & cheese buns. 



 I prepared a marinated veggie salad and placed it in mini-appetizer bowls on a tiered tray.



 Tuna salad sandwiches



Asparagus sandwiches (I placed these buffet markers at each food item)



Desserts were served on the kitchen island.



My mom made this delicious chocolate layered dessert with pretty edible decorations on top.



Homemade marshmallow rolls and store-bought cream puffs were also served.



Rather than the traditional birthday cake, we went with cupcakes that were made by a local bakery.  



Although it probably would have been more wintry to have them all with white icing, it would also be boring.  We opted for a variety of flavours and added edible snowflake picks instead.



My daughter and her family with the birthday girl. I made the O-N-E banner on the high chair as well.



Sweet Presley really enjoyed her first bites of cupcake!



I found this wrapping paper that, although not a true winter theme, it had the vibe with small metallic hearts on a white background.



Big sister, Harper helped Presley out with the unwrapping of her gifts.



They were so cute together!



Aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends attended the celebration.



Four generations of females with my mom, me, my daughter and my two granddaughters.



"Mimi" and "Opa" with our granddaughters



My daughter, son-in-law, Harper and Presley.



"Granny" with her great granddaughters



It was such a fun occasion to celebrate and I really enjoyed hosting your first birthday Sweet Presley!

Mimi loves you so much!



We also did a Winter ONEderland photo shoot which I will have more details of in my next post. (here) Hope you'll check back then.


Thanks for visiting!



I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

12 comments:

  1. Amazing details! ❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fun theme to decorate for! ~ Lori

      Delete
  2. OH that all looks so lovely! What a perfect theme for a winter baby's birthday too. She looks just precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne! I appreciate your kind words. I really enjoyed putting the decor together and we had a wonderful party! ~ Lori

      Delete
  3. Presley looks like a princess and I love Harper's dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Presley was indeed the princess of the party and Harper loves that dress too! ~ Lori

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet! I'll be featuring your party on tomorrow's Crafty Creators. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you Niki! Thank you for your sweet compliment and for the feature - I'm very honoured! ~ Lori

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful and lovely One birthday party! She's so sweet. Thanks for sharing it @HomeMattersParty. I'll be featuring you this week!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your kind words and the feature! ~ Lori

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful party, Lori! The decorations, desserts and treats all look lovely. Thank you for this little glimpse into your family celebration. Your Granddaughter is adorable! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments April! She is pretty special to me and I had fun putting it together for her! ~ Lori

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".