Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Bee Themed Tiered Tray Decor

Hi there friends! Hope you are hanging in there during these crazy times.  Have businesses started to open up where you are?  We've begun Phase 2 here though I can't say I'm in any hurry to get back out there yet.  With the hope that it might brighten your day, I thought I'd share my latest tiered tray decor with you.  


I went with a bee theme and of course,  I had to add a few lemons and some yellow tulips as I can't get enough of their bright and cheery colour.  

Inspiration for my tray decor came from this "Give Bees a Chance" sign and indeed, bees need to be celebrated and given a chance!

Some bee facts:
Bees are vital to both pollinate the food we need to survive and to pollinate many of the trees and flowers that provide habitats for wildlife.   Pesticides, pollution, parasites, infections and other threats such as the recent arrival of the "Murder Hornet" to parts of North America are all causing a decline in bee populations.

This little yellow chair (now painted) and honey pail (embellished with computer print-out) are from the Dollar Store a few months ago.  The little bees are actually buttons I ordered online from Walmart.

I felt the tray needed more bees, so I printed some from clipart on my computer and taped them to the edge of the tray and in a few other places.

A metal butterfly has landed on the top tier of the tray hovering close to the nearby faux yellow tulips.

I found these little bee bowls in a local gift shop's clearance section back in February.

I made a few of these cute little beehives by hot-gluing twine to the top portion of a plastic Easter egg with additional twine and a black felt pen to make the entrance. I ended up with excess glue showing but I'm pretending it's honey!  :)

I moved the beehives here and there on the tray as I couldn't decide where I liked them best. 

 This shows a little bit of a different version of the tray decor.

Because I usually have this tiered tray on the end of our kitchen island...

...I like to have both sides of the tray decorated. Here's a look at the opposite side of the tray.

The yellow honeycombed container is actually for honey though it's purely decorative for the time being.

You can see in the background, that I've added other splashes of yellow to the kitchen to coordinate with my spring decor here ..

...and on this side of the kitchen.
(you can see more pics of this sideboard decor HERE)

I like having this bee-themed tiered tray as the first thing you see when you enter the kitchen.

The yellow and black colours and it's theme are perfect for this time of year...

... and a good reminder that we need to protect the bees!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

14 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 23, 2020

    Hello! A few stores have opened in this area but I stay away. We have the highest number of cases in the Atlantic provinces. I go for walks everyday and I enjoy listening to the birds ans complimenting people on their beautiful gardens.
    You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful décor.Yes indeed, we need to do everything we can to protect the poor little bees. I have a little bee pin that I love.As i said in previous posts, your lovely décor brings a smile to my face and I find it amazing that you can find all those lovely things for decorating.
    Delightful is the word. Thank for sharing on this beautiful sunny day! Stay safe and healthy. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, thank you so much for your very sweet compliments! I appreciate hearing from my readers and comments like yours make my day! I'm glad to hear you are hanging in there during this pandemic. Save the Bees!

      Delete
  2. Lori, your bee themed tiered tray with its bright and happy yellow accents makes me smile with delight. I love bees, and my collection of honey pots is one of my favorites.
    We live in TX and things are starting to open slowly. We are staying close to home and being cautious. No reason for us to be out and about, so we just stay home. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for your sweet comment! How fun to have a collection of honey pots! Like you, we are sticking close to home even though things are starting to open up here in BC, Canada. Take care! ~ Lori

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful display, my eye were instantly drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anita for your sweet comment! ~ Lori

      Delete
  4. SO many cute little touches and I just love those bright and cheery pops of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you stopping by and your kind words! ~ Lori

      Delete
  5. I think I like this so much because the yellow is just so cheerful! It is a fun display and one you can enjoy all summer. Thanks for sharing it with us at #HomeMattersParty. It will be one of our features this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Lori, it's so bright and cheerful! The sentiment about helping the bees is fab too. We are just in Phase 1 here, so it's still very limited as to what we can do, but I'm in no rush as the virus hasn't gone anywhere. It will be nice to be able to see family members outside at a social distance (up to 6 people) after Monday though. One thing the lockdown has done is to give the bees a bit more of a chance here in the UK - there are so many more of them than last year. I'm so pleased! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Community! Take care and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, soooo adorable!!! Bee-coming, bee-utiful, and all the bee puns!!! ;)' Thank you for sharing a couple of weeks ago at Share Your Style #258. I'll be featuring your post at this week's SYS #259 (6/10/20), thank you! <3

    Hugs to you,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Lori!! I love the "Give bees a Chance" block sign. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I got the sign at our local Pharmasave in the gift section.

      Delete
  9. I love your kitchen decors! So elegant, everything fits and I'm ipressed that you mixed honey, bees and lemons! It is not that obvious! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".