Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Lemons and Forsythia in Spring Decor

I've included lots of faux lemons and forsythia in this year's spring decor.  I love the bright yellow colour of both of them and in these uncertain times, it has been very uplifting to see their cheery presence scattered throughout the house. By adding black and white buffalo check, the effect is even more dramatic.


Here is a look at how I incorporated the faux forsythia and lemons into the spring decor on our kitchen sideboard.

Faux forsythia stems, from the Dollar Store years ago, were placed in a tall glass vase as a backdrop. 


A white pitcher was placed beside it along with some plaid bowls (Pier 1 a few years back) and a little duckling.

This crackled finish duckling is one of a set of three. He has been in my stash for such a long time, I thought it was time he came out to play.

Faux lemons were placed in a black wire basket atop a wooden box with a coordinating cloth napkin.

This little "squeeze the day" sign was a recent purchase from the local Pharmasave gift section in pre-quarantine times.

More lemons were added to these bowls and they were set on top of a stack of appetizer plates.

A black and white check pillow along with a yellow one were set in a white crate to the side of the sideboard.

I always keep the middle section of the sideboard clear of decor so we can set glasses and/or mix drinks there. Since no one is coming over in these quarantine days, not much room is needed!  LOL

Above the sideboard, I changed out the former shiplap "gather" sign for this metal wall art I had sitting around.

I added this "Home Sweet Home" sign (a Christmas gift from my daughter) and wove some forsythia through the metal openings.

Small faux lemon slices fit perfectly on the edge of the sign.

Here is the grouping on the opposite end of the sideboard. In the corner, you can see where I placed a basket containing a coordinating throw blanket and another buffalo check pillow.

Forsythia stems were placed in this farmhouse style vase.

These are the other two ducks in the set and they look right at home in my spring display.

Two buffalo check mugs were placed on top of more white plates.

Gold flatware was placed inside a yellow pot adding a bit of shine to the vignette.

Buffalo check ribbon was tied around the faux candles on this end...

...and on the wire basket at the opposite side.

I'm so happy to be greeted with this sunny vibe whenever I walk into the kitchen.

And a positive atmosphere is definitely needed right now when we're spending so much time in our home during these days of quarantine.

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Thursday Favorite Things at Follow the Yellow Brick Home

13 comments:

  1. The lemon yellow with the buffalo check is really beautiful! I love that you changed "GATHER" to "HOME SWEET HOME". Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 02, 2020

    So beautiful and sunny (all the yellow).Another marvelous vignette. Always a delight to read you and to see what you have been planning. Thank you for sharing! Stay safe and well! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully done.... it all works together without being crowded or busy. Genuinely and delightfully creative ! I will go back and refer to this often! Pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is such a fun colour. I like your display. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright yellow color with the black and white buffalo check. So pretty and festive. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori,
    Oh Be still my heart.........just love all the cheerfulness of all this yellow.
    So Pretty and so striking. Just love it.
    Looks awesome with the black checks too.
    Thanks for sharing it and making our hearts happy.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the lemon theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your bright yellows! It made my day! Thank you so much for sharing with Charming Homes and Gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori,
    I love how you used the lemons and forsythia to create such a lovely display. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/05/thursday-favorite-things_13.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely! It just makes you feel good! Just curious...what is your wall color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet compliment! The wall colour is very old and I actually would like to repaint.😀 It was in the Martha Stewart line from years ago and I can’t remember the name of it. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

      Lori, Dining Delight Blog

      Delete
  11. Awesome, where did you get items

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind compliment. The faux forsythia was from the Dollar Store, faux lemons and dishes are from Pier 1, all from years ago. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. ~Lori

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".