Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Lilacs and Lemons Spring Tablescape

It is officially lilac season in these parts and so I thought I'd combine my love of these wonderful purple blooms with my other love of sunny yellow lemons for a spring tablescape. I rounded up all the items I wanted to use and discovered the combination of the two colours definitely look terrific together!



And thus, a lilacs and lemons tablescape was born!

Anyone who has ever tried to arrange fresh lilacs knows they are very messy! 

So I decided to use some realistic faux lilacs I've had for quite awhile and they paired perfectly with the faux lemons.

I started with this lemon patterned table runner which was a recent purchase on Amazon.

Next, I layered some faux greenery garland and tucked the faux lilacs and lemons in here and there.  I also added some battery operated string lights.

I like this type of centerpiece because everyone at the table gets the same view and no sight lines are blocked.

The place settings were then coordinated with the centerpiece.

I started with purple placemats which are actually dish towels turned length-ways so that they drape over the table.

These lemon patterned cloth napkins were also from Amazon.  They were tucked inside a purple compote dish.

I made lilac placecards using Clipart on my computer.

A metal butterfly (part of an old metal wreath I took apart) was clipped on the edge of the dish.

The dish stack includes a white charger plate and yellow dinner plate topped with a white salad plate.

And for good measure, I added another little green appetizer plate. :)

The little green plates hold an extra embellishment of lilacs and lemons.

The compote dishes were then added.

Green handled flatware coordinated with the greenery on the table.

These lemon glasses that are on loan from my mom were the perfect stemware choice.

I've set the table for a ladies luncheon which unfortunately likely won't be happening anytime soon due to social distancing...

...but I'm going to remember this idea for future consideration next spring when we can hopefully gather again and celebrate just being together!

Are lilacs in bloom where you are?

Their lovely scent and colour are so uplifting and a good reminder that spring has returned and the seasons continue to change despite the world situation.

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

28 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Lilacs are my favorite. I got married in May and had the hall filled with lilacs from my parents yard! I love the pairing with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely it would be to have lilacs for your wedding decor! I can imagine they looked and smelled beautifully! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment Jacqueline.

      Delete
  2. I love lemon themes. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment! Lemons are the best decor!

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful colours that look stunning together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! It was fun to combine the yellow and purple with a hint of green! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Gosh, your table runner is gorgeous! The combination of the lavender color of the scented lilacs and the yellow lemons and tableware is lovely. My lilacs are just getting ready to bloom and you've inspired me to use the cut blooms in a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Marie! I'm so happy to have inspired you to try a lilac tablescape - that's always what I hope to do with my blog posts!

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous!! Lemon Lilac Love!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Jenna and for your kind compliment on my lilacs and lemons tablescape! ~ Lori

      Delete
  6. The lilac pairing with lemons is absolutely beautiful! The pretty place cards add a special, personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allyson! I had fun making those placecards and am pleased that you appreciated them. ~Lori

      Delete
  7. What a cute idea! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment and for stopping by! ~ Lori

      Delete
  8. Lori,
    What a lovely table setting. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things.
    I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/06/thursday-favorite-things.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I'm honoured to have my post featured and I will definitely be stopping by your wonderful party! ~ Lori

      Delete
  9. This is such a beautiful setting and centrepiece, Lori! Lilacs are my absolute favourite and I love the colour palette you've used here and all the little details. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment Katerina! Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Tablescape. Thanks for sharing with us at Charming HOmes & Gardens Link Party. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for hosting this fun link party!

      Delete
  11. Hang the blasted Corona virus! Have your friends over anyway, Lori. <3 If you've all been staying home except for short outings for groceries and such, you've already been distancing... You should be fine to get together and have a party. :) Happy to feature your beautiful lilac and lemons post this next week at Share Your Style #261 since I featured the Bee-Themed table this week.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! I'm so flattered to have this tablescape featured at your terrific link party!

      Delete
  12. p.s. Just noticed the little shout-out on your sidebar! Thank you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I like having the link to your blog handy! :)

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous Lori, love the lemons and lilacs together and the green sets it off. Always so creative. Sweet place cards, and napkins in the glass stemmed piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and kind compliments Judy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".