Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Cobalt Blue & Lemon Yellow Table & Some Easy Entertaining Tips

It's always nice to have guests staying with you during the summer however it can be also take some effort to get meals ready for them. To make things easier, I like to keep the food simple but make it seem fancier by laying out the necessary tableware in a pretty manner.


Here's an example of how to make a help-yourself breakfast feel more special for your guests.

Orange juice in a beverage dispenser not only looks nice but is easy to serve.

A little embellishment in the form of a simple daisy napkin ring tied to the top of the dispenser goes a long way in dressing things up.

Some striking stemware adds to the look.

Here, I've placed some cobalt blue glasses in a metal tray ready for guests to help themselves.

A summery vibe was created by scattering faux lemons throughout the table decor.

Add height to your tabletop with the help of pedestal plates, dish stacks and a pitcher full of stems.


Cobalt blue plates coordinate with the stemware.

Blue & white striped cloth napkins were made more elegant with white daisy napkin rings.

Arranging the appropriate flatware in a cute container adds to the fun.

I used my gold-en forks for a touch of class. :)

Even in summer, candlelight adds ambiance so bring out a lantern or two. 

This table was set out on our deck just off the kitchen. 

I like to use two separate tables, one for the dishes & stemware like this one and another for the food.


Will you have overnight guests this summer? Hope I've inspired you to keep the food simple but your table fancy!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at 21 Rosemary Lane

10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea to have two tables. I also love the way you dressed up your table, it looks so pretty and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Lori,
    ummm, I want to have breakfast at your house, if the food is anywhere as lovely as
    your table, it must be delightful. Love all the royal, lemon and white, so refreshing
    and beautiful, and your photography is wonderful as always....
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, inviting table - love how the yellow really accents the blue and white, gotta try that! Thanks! :D
    May I ask where you got your cobalt plates, they're lovely!
    Thanks again,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally just inspired me. I'm not having guests, as far as I know right this minute. But we're going out on my sisters boat and having simple nibbles and sandwiches. I'm going to kick it up a notch and make our serving table more fancy. Thank you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas and I love your presentation! I’m a big fan of yellow and blue together and the idea for the orange juice is wonderful. The napkin ring accent really adds a nice touch. As you said presentation is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two tables are a great idea and it makes it easy for everyone. Love the color palette and I'm sure your guests feel pampered. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story and we hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!! I love the whole presentation. I would not want take anything from it as to not ruin the gorgeous way it was all set up!
    Love the patterned table cloth with the plaid napkins. Adding the daisies just take it to another level!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Your guests will think that they are at a 5 star hotel. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".