Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Canada Day Tiered Tray

I got myself a new toy a little while ago in the form of a wooden tiered tray that I'd had my eye on for awhile.  I thought what better way to initiate it than by decorating it in honour of our nation's birthday coming up on July 1st.  Using items I had on hand, I was able to create a fun Canada Day display for the end of our kitchen island. 


This is also a sneak peek at our kitchen update (went from oak to painted white cabinets, new countertops, backsplash, sink and faucet). We are still working on some other projects so maybe after that, I'll do a full blog post about it.

Let me show you all the items I've arranged on the tiered tray.

First off, this is how the tray looked after assembly.  I love its rustic charm. I purchased it online through Amazon and it is called the Creative Co-op Wood Two Tiered Tray.

This framed sign I made took center stage on the top tray.



This white ceramic moose represents an iconic Canadian symbol and he was tucked in beside the framed sign.

On the bottom tray, I placed another white moose (bought at a local gift shop a few years back).  I applied a vinyl cling-on (from Dollar Store) to make him look even more patriotic. :)

Beside him, I've arranged some canoe-shaped bowls and added another vinyl cling-on.

Some red-handled spoons and maple leaf-adorned cloth napkins sit in front of the moose and bowls.

Here is a side view of the tray's decor.

I used some red bowls for colour and added some evergreen type faux greenery for the type of outdoor vibe you'd get in our part of Canada.

This is the view from the other side of the tray.

A white milk glass vase was filled with Canadian flags and set next to a faux evergreen wrapped in a red cloth napkin.

Two birch logs add to the Canadiana vibe especially when flags were taped to the front and colour-coordinated faux florals were included.  The celebrate decoration is a perfect indication of what we'll be doing on July 1st.

In the background, you may have noticed the Canada Day decor I created for this corner of the kitchen counter.

Using three red pots I already had, I added faux greenery and Canadian flags for a very easy patriotic display.  More of the removable vinyl flags were applied to the front of the pots.

It was really fun creating this display in my new tiered tray and I can see it becoming a favourite decor item for all the holiday/seasonal decorating I do.

For now though, it is proudly representing our great country and stands tall on the end of our kitchen island.

Happy Canada Day on July 1st to all my fellow Canadians!  Have a great long weekend!

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Share Your Style at 21 Rosemary Lane

13 comments:

  1. I've been wanting one of those tiered trays but have been afraid it would be another "catch all" area which we certainly don't need. But this one and the adorable way it's decorated is making re-think that idea. If I have it full of cute stuff like yours, the family might not touch it! No matter what side, it's perfectly styled! Super cute. Happy Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tiered display! Really nice,

    Happy Canada Day from Ohio, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Happy Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray looks great, Lori! Love the moose! Have a wonderful Canada Day!!!🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely display, Lori. You did such a great job adding patriotic touches while "shopping the house". Lots of imaginative items from the little fir trees with their red buckets and flags to the moose on the tray. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute arrangement for Canada Day. The top moose looks like he's wearing a tie to celebrate! Each item is cute by itself, but together they tell a great story. Happy Canada Day from the South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day! We will be hosting an outdoor breakfast on Weds. for July 4th. Your tray is darling and I love everything you've tucked inside. I have a metal three tiered one filled with red, white, and blue at the end of our island as well. It was a gift from a friend and I always love filling it! Your kitchen improvements look wonderful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute post! I love how you have styled your tiered tray. I would like to invite you to link up at the Patriotic Party over on my blog now through July 4th. Hope you can make it!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/patriotic-summer-porch-tour/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning! Just hopping by to let you know that you will be featured at SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's beautiful! I always wondered if other countries did their own version of Americana. Yours is magazine worthy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Canada Day.
    You did an amazing job on decorating your kitchen. It is so hard to find inspiration on Pinterest and the internet. Thank you so much for sharing.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".