Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

Easter Decor on Kitchen Sideboard

I had a lot of fun styling our kitchen sideboard for Easter.  Part of it might have been that the sideboard is fairly new so I've never done any spring decor on it and part of it might have been that I got to ignore all the snow that still lies outside. :(




It's going to be a long time before it happens outdoors but it's definitely starting to look like spring inside.

I began my decorating with two of these white bunnies I got a few years back at Pier 1.

I placed spring greens and blossoms inside these little burlap sacks and put them on a wood charger.



The round wall accent piece is new and replaces a large clock I had there. 

I found it displayed over the door frame of the women's washroom in a gas station on one of our recent travels.  Couldn't believe it was for sale and hanging there of all places!

White blossoms add height to the display.

A simple spring vignette was styled on the right side.

Since I took away the large clock, I had to add this small one as we are always looking in this direction to see the time.





This burlap shopping bag is from Canadian Superstore and is so handy, I actually use it for more then decorative purposes. :)

The corner area got some styling as well.

A cute bunny and bicycle pillow sit atop a wooden stool.



It is hard to get a good picture of it but I also decorated the shelf above the sideboard.

Another spring vignette was created on the left side.

This wooden cross reminds us of the true meaning of Easter.



The full view on the far wall of the kitchen.

Spring branches and faux pussy willows were placed inside this woven vase.

The inside of the sideboard is kept mostly functional as our liquor and glassware cabinet.

However, I did place this little grouping on one of the middle shelves.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Has spring sprung outdoors or are you like me and having to pretend indoors?

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

8 comments:

  1. So very lovely! I hope it distracted you from the snowy weather outside! I love the blooming branches, they are my favorite things about springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful details Lori! I like the big displays of white blossoms! That new medallion wall piece you got is wonderful- and who would have thought you found it where you did! Love your cute white bunnies and how you displayed the little burlap sacks with the flowers and greens. We are still going though the winter elements too- spring is a ways off but when it starts it usually kicks in high gear quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful - as always. I was looking at this on your Instagram stories and was like wait go back! I need to see that again! Glad you posted it. Now I'm able to gaze longer. :) So much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and Springy. All of your bunnies are adorable and the round wall art piece and where you found it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to ignore the weather( ha Ha).. and you’ve done such a lovely job of decorating your sideboard with whimsy.... I love the sweet bunnies .... You have balanced it beautifully with the candles too.... of course I’m partial to pussy willows and those little burlap pot covers are adorable additions to your eclectic decorating...Truly a Springtime inspiration...Thanks for sharing...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty! We've absolutely had to ignore the weather this March! But you've made this wall in your kitchen a springtime delight.

    Thank you so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new sideboard and you styled it beautifully! That is funny that you found that piece in a gas station. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, that is lovely! I particularly like those little burlap sacks in the wire basket and those little white bunnies. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".