Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Cozy-Cabin Christmas Display

Next up in the way of the Christmas decorating going on around here is this display I created in the kitchen.  I had so much fun adding all the little details to it...I could have kept tweaking and tweaking but at some point you have to say "done" and move on...at least for now ;)




This vignette has a bit of  a rustic cabin feel to it which is a look I love.



Inspiration for the design began with this fellow (and his mate) - a Christmas present from my son last year.

He was paired with the rustic-ness of birch and the coziness of plaid to give the display a lodge-inspired style.

Below, you can see how I set a tray on top of a small decorative suitcase.

Then I added red and green items on the tray - all things I've collected over the years, mostly from local gift stores.
(Christmas tree napkin fold video here)

The colours speak of Christmas and the decorative elements make one think of coming indoors to warm up after playing out in the snow.



Faux fur is perfect for a rustic design. I've had the Merry Christmas moose pillow for ages and you'll notice its appearance around here a lot! 



Below the table are some other decor items.

Mr. Delight made these birch candleholders for me a few years back.  I've placed pine cones on them this time.

A pail of freshly gathered pine cones adds to the look.

Some festive pillows rest on a faux fur in a basket.



My sister made this pillow for me out of a single (Walmart) placemat by opening it up and adding a zipper. She's the talented seamstress in the family!

I love the soft glow in this area of the kitchen at night.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the decorating I've done in this area of my home.

Have you started your Christmas decorating yet?

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous display, Lori! Love all your beautiful pillows. Just lovely! Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw - soon it is christmas!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Maria - Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it all! I am mad for plaid, this year and last. I love the pillow your sister made! I also love lighting up vignettes too. This is wonderful. I WISH I was decorating, but am having a breakfast on Mon. so will start Mon. afternoon:):)

    ReplyDelete

  4. So beautiful, warm and inviting, and the plaid pillow your sis made is my fav.very pretty indeed. You did a marvelous job with the décor, but then you always do !
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I love this rustic cabin look...one of my favorites for Christmas. Plaid is so timeless and perfect! Beautiful in every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori! Oh my, absolutely fabulous. The little suitcase is a terrific idea. And don't even get me started on the plaid, lol. Perfect from start to finish. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely cozy cabin Christmas vignette. I love the mix of patterns and textures, especially the use of plaid. The warm white lights truly is very welcoming. The Christmas print pillows are a wonderful contrast next to the fur pillows. I feel like I am in the northwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vignettes, I enjoyed all the textures and layers. A feast for the eyes, very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun, I love the simplicity of the greens and naturals with your dishes. It's all about warmth and familiarity. We are comfortable with the red/green holiday and mixed with the antiques and even the new white decor...it just is so homey and comforting. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for the traditional ideas! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and really very cozy and cabin like. I wish I had space like this in my kitchen! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever idea and so cosy ! Hugs. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is right up my alley. I have just been decking my family room and kitchen in cabin/plaid décor. I love the rustic look as well. Wishing I had some of those deer. :) I also have a bucket filled with pinecones. Kindred hearts, I think. Love the pillow your sis made! It's all so warm and cozy! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It & congratulations on being featured this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hopping back to let you know that you will be one of SYC's features this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".