Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer Mantel 2016

Here's a look at how I've decorated my mantel and fireplace area for the summer season. 
With the many rainy days and the abundance of mosquitoes we've had around here lately, we've actually spent a lot of time in front of it.
Thus, I've tried to create a summer time feel with a cozy twist.



Yep, the fire is lit!

You'd expect the fireplace to look like this in the summer but the cool days lately have meant that when inside escaping the rain, we don't just leave the fire off.

Nothing makes you feel cozier than sitting by the fire on a rainy day. And these chairs we got a few years back from Pier 1 Imports make me feel happier about staying inside too.


But we must pretend we are outdoors enjoying summertime activities.

Like having a refreshing beverage.

Perhaps it was to remind us of what season we are supposed to be in... I made this S U M M E R banner with letters glued to starfish shapes.

I attached it to the curtain rod below the mantel with tape.

This curtain rod has come in so handy for adding seasonal décor and of course, hanging Christmas stockings.


Here's a summertime friend...

I scored two of these ducks years ago when a co-worker was cleaning house and wanted to get rid of a few things.

I placed them alongside a blue mason jar lantern that I filled with shells and glass beads.

White metal stars were tucked in here and there.

Beach grasses speak of summer...

...as do starfish



A burlap daisy was attached to the faux candle on each side of the mantel.

They mimic the design of the starburst mirror.

These twig-like lights add a bit more ambiance to the hearth area.



So the scene for summer is also set indoors and...

...unless the summer weather around here improves and the mosquitoes abate, you'll find me spending more time here.

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Inspire Me Mondays at Sand & Sisal
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

11 comments:

  1. Well I am in love with your mantle! Love the colors and everything looks so sweet! But I must admit...in Florida where the temps has been horrible that fire make me break out in a sweat! LOL! Love your mantle. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, your summer mantel is just beautiful...and the banner is so perfect! It is so hot in NE Alabama that it is so hard to imagine your cool and rainy days! Truly, a lovely setting! Have a joy-filled day! Pam @'Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love everything about this! You always fix up your mantel beautifully. Mine tends to stay the same for too long. Those chairs, the little blue glasses, the blue jar, the banner...all of it is beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are just over the moon about the participation. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mantel! Perfect Summer decor to celebrate the season! ;)
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I love the idea of the curtain rod on the fireplace to hang decor. Very clever. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori! Your mantel looks so summer! Love the curtain rod idea! Genius! I'm so glad you shared this at DI & DI :) We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looks for summer!Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

  8. the curtain rod below the mantle is genius and I love the banner. You have a cozy retreat for any type of weather and it's so much fun to look at. Thanks for joining us again at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your summer mantel looks so nice. I love it. Very creative.
    With very high temps here it is hard to image wanting a fire but it looks cozy and inviting in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rainy days, especially after seeing the way you spend them! Your rainy day spot is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love that you used lights too, I never thought to do that on my summer mantle! DUH! I can't believe you can have a fire! We are BAKING around here, it has actually been too hot to even go to the pool! I can't take it as I used to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".