Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Sunny Days Lemon Cake Tablescape

  My friends and family know that I'm a huge fan of desserts and will even forego some of my meal in order to save room for a sweet treat.



 It's definitely not good for the waistline but here's a cake I won't feel tempted by because, although it looks delicious...



...it's FAUX!!

I recently ordered it online from an Etsy shop called  Country Chefette and couldn't be more pleased!



I was excited to set a table that featured this wonderful cake and headed outdoors to our little cabana area to take advantage of the sunny days we were having at the time.



Inspiration for the colour scheme came from these melamine striped plates from Bed, Bath & Beyond which I got earlier this season.



 Coordinating blue-green table runners were placed across a yellow tablecloth and did double duty as placemats.



 The dish stack consisted of a white/gold charger, white dinner plate and the melamine salad plate with a cloth napkin tucked between the plates.




I added these little dishes with faux lemons as an extra embellishment for the place setting. They could also serve as placecard holders.




  The acrylic hobnail stemware were each surrounded by a small faux wreath and white flower.




 I also used faux florals in this arrangement I put together for part of the centerpiece.



It was set on a riser and flanked by two gold lanterns.



Of course, the faux cake was the featured centerpiece with faux lemons scattered around.



When you set the table just for fun like I do, it is great to be able to include a food item that doesn't have to be prepared in advance and won't melt in the sun and this realistic faux cake is perfect for that!



The faux lemons on the cake are removable allowing for the "flavor" of the cake to change so I'll be able to use any type of faux fruit and coordinate any colour of tablescape with it.  



I have to say though that just looking at this faux cake has me craving the real thing so I just might have to ask my mom (the talented baker in the family) to come up with something to satisfy my sweet tooth!



Thanks for visiting!


I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tablescape as always! I want to jump into the photo and have a slice of that cake. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and beautiful:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Etsy is wonderful for finding just the right whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss that the decadent cake was fake! It looks so realistic, and so do the lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once was going to order faux cupcakes for my china display, but then I realized it would make me constantly crave cupcakes! So glad I refrained...but your table looks wonderful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and beautiful table. Thanks for sharing on Sundays on Silverado.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all things lemons. Such a darling table. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty Lori!! I love all the lemons this season; don't they just make you happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".