Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Lake-Themed Buffet Set-Up on the Kitchen Sideboard

  Summer is the time to keep work to a minimum and make things as easy as possible on yourself.   With that in mind, I've put together this lake themed buffet set-up.



I love it when guests can help themselves and I think they feel more at home that way too so I've created a handy self-serve area on my kitchen sideboard.



This is for the dishes, napkins and cutlery. The food is usually served on the kitchen island.



My inspiration began with this Lake Street sign I found at a gift shop on one of our travels last summer.




 I hung it on this framed shiplap and went to town with accompanying beach themed accessories, decorating the shelf above as well as the top and front of the sideboard.



On this end, I placed wine glasses with a sign that lets guests know they are welcome to join in our "happy hour" after their day at the lake.



 I have a few of these crates that are painted a bluish white which ties in perfectly with the theme.




 I created another beach vignette in the middle section using a sailboat.



 A wooden anchor and mini Adirondack chair along with another sign were placed beside the boat.



A basket holds the catch of the day!



Looking to the far end of the sideboard...



...you see the spot to grab a plate...



...and some cutlery.



 Napkins were also placed in the little bucket.



 Beach grasses in a woven vase, a small sailboat and another crate make up this vignette.



 I also added some decorative touches to each end of the sideboard.



 A crate holds a turquoise pillow, greenery and some shell shaped plates.



  Some fish netting and a blue and white table runner were draped over the side.



 This is the view on the other side.



 A small lantern, shell ball and sign sit on top of this crate.



Would you like to visit my Lake Street Cafe where it's totally self-serve?



I promise to do the dishes!



Thanks for visiting!



I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

11 comments:

  1. One more way to celebrate summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and very summer soaked festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always adore your decorating. I do a beach theme for July in my own home, but I don't have this wonderful space that you have. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'd love to visit your Lake Street Cafe! This is such a pretty, creative post. As always, your posts never fail to bring a smile to my face and provide a healthy dose of inspiration. Hope you are enjoying these dog days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!! So charming!! I am into coastal and nautical decorating too in my own home for the rest of the Summer and just posted a new post about it...Stop over again if you have a chance.... Thanks so much for sharing the Lake Street Cafe! I really enjoyed this post!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Traffic Jam Weekend & Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love getting to see your decorate your sideboard for seasons! So happy to be featuring you at Tuesday Turn About this week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly cute, the Lake St sign was a great find and you always have so many fun details. What a great spot for a buffet, I know you're guests must ohh and ahh! Adorable!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to visit your Lake Street buffet, Lori! What a beautiful, welcoming set up for relaxed entertaining. Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I will be featuring it at the party this week. Take care and I hope you are having a lovely, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m visiting from April’s link-up. This is lovely! I’m doing our new guest bedroom in a coastal theme, and there are so many great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".