Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

New Year's Eve Tablescape with Mixed Metals


 

I'm a bit late to do so but I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year!  Whether you were a party of two or a few more, I hope you had a lovely time bringing in 2021!



There were no local parties due to Covid-19 restrictions so Mr Delight and I decided to make the best of it and celebrate on our own.



I set the dining room table for two with our place settings directly in the middle and taking away the other chairs.  I chose to go with a mixed metals colour palette and used gold, silver and copper on a background of black.



Having the full length of the large table, I was able to create a more elaborate centerpiece.



I had this large "disco ball" type ornament and thought it was perfect for NYE so I set it inside a glass vase filled with gold chips and acrylic ice vase fillers.  The vase was set atop a glass cake pedestal and surrounded by ball ornaments in mixed metals.



A black feather boa was run the length of the table with ornaments and gold coloured votive holders placed here and there.



Party hats in coordinating colours were set at each end of the table. 



 It's hard to tell in the pics but I put the hats on top of wine glasses to give them some height.



Lastly, I added multiple sets of battery-operated string lights along the feather boa to provide some sparkle.



The place settings were done in the mixed metals with black colour scheme. A gold placemat was topped with a copper coloured charger.  Black plates were the base for a gold-rimmed salad plate and black bowl. My copper coloured flatware was the perfect choice.



A gold napkin, gold candleholder and party accessories were added to the place settings.



Martini glasses were used as placecard holders and they were filled with gold acrylic vase filler along with copper and "disco"ball ornaments.



I created these New Year's Eve place cards for us on my computer using clip art and set them in the martini glasses. Just in case, Mr Delight & I didn't know where we should sit!! LOL



And of course, champagne is a necessity for a New Year's Eve celebration!



Champagne and wine glasses stand at the ready next to this delicious steak and crab dinner that Mr Delight prepared for us!



Chocolate Mousse and coffee for dessert.



Although it was different than being able to go out and celebrate with friends, we did enjoy our more intimate dinner for two as a way to mark the end of 2020 and the beginning of what are hopefully brighter days ahead in 2021!



I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for checking in here at Dining Delight Your visits and comments on my blog posts and on my Instagram account mean so much to me and I appreciate everyone of you!

 Wishing you all the best in this New Year!



Thanks for visiting!


I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

10 comments:

  1. Disco balls and champagne - what more could you ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and beautiful Lori! I love that you two still celebrated - and at such a lovely table! I love setting a big table for two so there's more decorating space. Brilliant! Hope you're having a lovely new year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Happy New Year! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your tablescapes, Lori... and this one is especially lovely! Hope we get to see it at TTA! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table set up Lorri and a Happy New year to you.
    thanks for sharing your New Year's Eve Tablescape at our #HomeMattersParty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another absolutely gorgeous tablescape, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I have glad that you decided to celebrate it together anyway. Your table is beautiful and I am sure you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your NYE table, Lori!!! I am glad you posted it at Share Your Style a week ago as I was able to feature your lovely table this week at SYS #288 this week. <3

    So pretty and where did you find all those lovely ornaments??! I need to get out more... LOL!

    We drove down to see our daughter and had a nice time staying up with her that evening. Her neighbors were out shooting off firecrackers and bottle rockets (she lives in an apartment complex in Austin, Texas) but surprisingly, everyone stopped right at 1:00am! We could all go to sleep and not a peep after (until a few the next evening). ;)

    Here's to a wonderful New Year 2021,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lori, checking to see your fabulous New Year’s table. Everything looks so gorgeous. I love the mixed metals. Looks like a special dinner for two. I hope this new year brings us to a normal life once again. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".