Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Stay at Home Easter Tablescape for Two

As mentioned in my previous post, this is not the tablescape that I envisioned for our Easter dinner this year.  But as we all know now, the global pandemic of Covid-19 has forced us all to stay home and self isolate which means we'll be celebrating with only the people who share the same roof. For us, that'll be just Mr Delight and I so I've put away the table for six I had originally designed and created this festive and fun Easter tablescape for two.





Perhaps I'll be able to inspire you to make the best of a bad situation and set a pretty table to enjoy with those you are quarantined with.

I chose this spot by our front windows to set things up. We eat a lot of our meals here but usually at a smaller table.

And yes, that's snow outside our window! We got a lot of it this winter and it has been a chilly spring so far so it's melting slowly!

A white tablecloth and pink placemats provide the backdrop for the table decor.

Some Easter chocolate treats will make us feel better about the current circumstances.  :)

I used pastel colours in a variety of dish patterns for the place settings.

This cute bunny and sheep are wishing us Happy Easter!

 The centerpiece was created using this metal basket I purchased a few weeks back (when shopping was still allowed) and I filled it with faux flowers from my stash.

Clear acrylic handled flatware and simple stemware complete the place settings.

An intimate table for two is definitely not what we thought of when planning our Easter dinner but... 

...circumstances have definitely changed with the measures that need to be taken to fight the spread of the Covid-19 virus and one has to adapt and not let it get you down.

Although everyone's celebration of Easter will no doubt look different this year, thanks be to God that the reason we are celebrating never changes. It seems now more than ever, we will find comfort and peace in celebrating the hope and promise we have in Jesus' resurrection.
In my next post, I'll share the Easter decor on my tiered tray (pictured above).

So go ahead, plan to use what you have on hand and set a festive Easter table for those who are self isolating with you.  You will be glad you did!

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Thursday Favorite Things at Follow the Yellow Brick Home

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty table! It's particularly stunning against the snowbank! I'm loving all the pastels that are cropping up everywhere. The sheep is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower centerpiece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a double take out your window thinking it looked like snow then read that my eyes weren't fooling me lol. Beautiful setting for two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Il ove the inclusion of the lamb,symbolic of the Lamb of God, the reason for Easter, and the cross in the tiered tray. We will only be two this year and looking for interesting ways to make it special. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just set our table for two, also - this will certainly be a different Easter, but one to never forget! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, and yes will be a very different Easter for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I have those same plate chargers. I got them at Michaels Craft Stores 2 years ago.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tiered tray! And I love the Gather sign! Have a Safe & Happy Easter! Thanks for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party!!! I can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the beautiful pastel colors. Definitely a "different" Easter this year but you look like you made the best of it!
    Pamela ~ DIY Vibes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even just a table for two, you have set a beautiful table. Very colorful and fun. Hope you enjoyed it together. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet and colorful tablescape! The perfect setting for an intimate Easter dinner.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful table setting. I love the gorgeous pastel colours. I totally agree, Lori, we still have such a wonderful reason to celebrate Easter, although it was hard being apart from those we love. I hope you had a lovely celebration nonetheless. Thank you so much for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a gorgeous table setting. I love that you made it more simple in spite of the circumstances. I actually have two small children under the age of 3 living with me during the quarantine so I made my Easter table setting simpler instead of fancier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".