Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Bunnies and Carrots Easter Decor

The self-isolation we've been practicing with the global pandemic of Covid-19 has allowed me the time to focus on a lot of spring/Easter decorating around the house which I'll take as a bonus in these difficult days.  If you've been following me on Istagram and checking out my videos in my stories there, you will have already seen a lot of the Easter decorating I've done around the house. If not, here's a look now at how I decorated the sideboard area of our kitchen.  



 I've gone with a carrots and bunnies theme and decorated with an orange and green colour scheme.

I started with this end and incorporated a large green vase filled with spring blossoms as a backdrop.

A basket of carrots and some terracotta pots create a garden like atmosphere for Mr Bunny.


Of course, I have to add some dishes! A stack of green and white plates along with...

...a couple of copper mugs and spoons fit the colour scheme perfectly.

I hung a burlap shopping bag on the cabinet door...

...and arranged some greenery to hang over the edge as if there were some carrots in there.

In the corner, I placed a white crate on a stool and filled it with a bunny pillow and some greenery in pots.

While this is definitely NOT the time to "gather", I am happy with how this sign above the sideboard turned out. It was a recycle project in which Mr Delight painted an old wood sign we no longer loved and it took on a shiplap look. 


 I got the little wooden "gather" sign on Amazon, painted it black and attached it with window putty so that it is removable. 

A small nail was placed in the middle below the "gather" so I can hang wreaths as in this case where I've also incorporated a few faux carrots.

Here's the display on the opposite end of the sideboard.

Faux candles were embellished with some carrot napkin rings and a bunch of carrots were placed under a cloche beside this cute wooden bunny. Little pots of grass-like greenery and a boxwood "tree" create the garden vibe on this side.

He sits beside a terracotta pot filled with napkins and forks.

This is the view along the side wall as you walk into our kitchen.

Easter will no doubt look different for us this year in these days of social distancing and self isolation due to the covid-19 pandemic. There won't be any company invited for Easter dinner or anyone stopping by to see my decorations but that makes me doubly happy to be able to share them with you here!

Thanks for visiting!
Stay healthy!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Thursday Favorite Things at Follow the Yellow Brick Home

8 comments:

  1. What a breath of fresh air to see your post! Everything is so lovely. Ilove how you show everything by section and explain how you did it. I love the wooden bunny. Would you mind sharing where you got it. Easter will be different this year but I decorated too. Thank you and stay safe! Always a joy to read your posts. Take care! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so charming! The orange/green combination is lovely. I like each element you used, and together they present a picture of budding springtime. Thanks for sharing! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I pinned six of your adorable photos...so cute. Gather...I wish we could, but not even for Easter it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display is so bright and cheery! You must love going in that romm every day!
    Pamela ~ DIY Vibes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignettes are always so cute Lori! I just love the white with orange and green, so fresh and pretty!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful set up! I love the carrot theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, what a precious Easter display. I'm usually not a fan of orange, but it looks fabulous on the cabinet. Love all the bunnies and mix of greenery. Thanks so much for sharing at Tuesday Turn About.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's so important to celebrate holidays and everyday things too, despite what is going on. Thank you for sharing this wonderful inspiration. I'm featuring your post at the Hearth and Soul Link Party this week. Thank you for sharing and being a part of the Hearth and Soul community!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".