Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Romantic Dining in the Backyard


The weather was so nice last weekend, I decided to set a table in the backyard which was meant for our Mother's Day dinner but I've decided it will stay put for a few more meals because I am really liking the romantic evening ambiance it provides.




With battery operated mini-lights and a hurricane shaded candle, the centerpiece created a lovely glow over the table.

I used a faux green leaf garland intertwined with a faux white rose garland and placed the mini-lights along it.

The white roses are perfect for Mother's Day or more of a romantic theme.

The garlands were placed inside some long wooden trays and a glass hurricane with a taper candle was set in the middle of them.

The colour scheme for the table was sage green, black, brown and white.

The place settings included a black placemat, brown charger, white dinner plate with a patterned salad plate topped by a white appetizer dish.

I used my gold flatware and ribbed glass stemware.

Here are some of the pics I took before the sun was setting...

...looks nice but...

...the lights and candle are harder to see ...

...and it isn't until...

...dusk sets in that the true ambiance is enjoyed.

It's nice that the outdoor lighting we have in our backyard adds to the dreamy vibe.

Do you have some summer entertaining plans in the works?

If so, I suggest this type of centerpiece which gets better as the evening wears on.



Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

11 comments:

  1. I can see why you left that up to enjoy for a few more days.. It’s very romantic and I like the centerpiece arrangement. This mini lights were the perfect touch! Those dishes combined with the tablecloth added even more to the romantic mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love the candlelight and all the pretty dishes. Always so nice to eat outside!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love every single things about this tablescape. Outside is ALWAYS perfect! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely---perfect for a wedding or an engagement party, too. Fairly inexpensive done this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely....always such impressive displays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lighted centerpiece, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, and I found this really inspirational. I love the wooden tray, and the faux garland with lights looks wonderful. I can't tell you how much faux garland I have (or how many lights), so I will be employing the use of this idea at some point this summer. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely romantic dining! Your backyard is very beautiful and your table decoration was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and inviting. I so enjoy evenings in the backyard. And you're right - candles and low light establish the best setting for a lovely dinner.
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, that's so beautiful, perfect intro to warm summer nights approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your outdoor tablescapes, Lori! This one is no exception. So simple and elegant. Hope to see you at Tuesday Turn About tomorrow at 3pm PST via My Wee Abode!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".