Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloween Tiered Tray

October has definitely been moving right along. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I've switched gears and am heading towards Halloween. While I don't do a lot of decorating for Halloween, I find it fun to give a few areas of our home a bit of a good-natured spooky vibe.




Thus, my tiered tray was called into action once again and given a new look for Halloween.

I set it on one corner of my sideboard in the kitchen.

I started with this Happy Halloween sign I picked up at HomeSense recently.

Next to it, on the bottom tier, I placed a few appropriately themed items...

...including this wonderfully creepy spider atop some small white dishes.

This side view shows one of the buffalo checked mugs and cloth napkins I also used.

Beside the tray, this Dollar Store pumpkin jar sits filled with little glittered pumpkins.

I added battery-operated white lights inside these jack-o-lantern votive holders (Dollar Store years ago).

Three of the jack-o-lanterns were placed throughout the tray providing a warm glow.






On the top tier of the tray..


...you'll find some iconic Halloween elements like a witch's hat and broom...


...a spider and a black cat...

...not to mention some black crows.

The tray looks best at nighttime with all the mini lights turned on. I placed it next to a vase of branches and faux fern fronds.

I am really loving these faux votive candles by Real Lite that I got on Amazon.  They have a very realistic flickering flame with a timer. Perfect for displays on tiered trays! 

Do you decorate for Halloween?

 It's fun to get in the spirit of things and add just a few touches to your home.

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! You really did a great job on your tray !!LOVE !! Holloween is such a fun time to decoqrate ! I have my farmhouse kitchen all decked out with witches, ghosts and trick or treaters !!! Love your black and white buffalo check too! I do as well !!! Happy Haunting ! Ha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! This is super creative and fun! Love the buffalo checks for Halloween. I would like to invite you to share with us at Thursday Favorite Things and The Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Halloween Link party.

    I am really inspired to find a tiered tray now. Happy Halloween!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/hauntingly-beautiful-decor-halloween-link-party-10-20-18/
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/for-the-love-of-pumpkins-at-thursday-favorite-things/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tiered tray. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reply to April and anyone else who is interested as to where I got this tiered tray from. I ordered it on Amazon and it is called the Creative Co-op Wood Two Tiered Tray.
    Lori @ Dining Delight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".