Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Sunflowers on the Sideboard

As mentioned in my last post, here's a look at how I coordinated the fall decor on my sideboard with that on my Thanksgiving tablescape.  Sunny sunflowers were mixed with sparkling glassware and some more rustic elements for a vibrant contrasting fall presentation. 



If you missed seeing my Thanksgiving table decor or if you've forgotten it, here's a look back. The sideboard is directly behind the table.

You can see more details here.

With sunflowers being an important part of the tablescape, I also made them a main feature on the sideboard.

Glass vases and apothecary jars were filled with faux leaves and a single faux sunflower was placed on top.



I also used orange acrylic vase filler on the bottom of the vases.

Birch log pieces and sunflowers were arranged in a burlap vase and set in the middle of the sideboard.

For a more rustic element, I placed two of these ducks atop candleholders on each side of the center sunflower arrangement.



I've had these two ducks for several years and scored them from a coworker who was cleaning house.



You may have notice by now that I also wove a strand of fairy lights throughout the display. Fairy lights played a big role on the tablescape as well.

I didn't get a picture of the area at night but the little lights add so much ambiance to the space especially during Thanksgiving dinner.



Thanksgiving is behind us here in Canada and I'm looking forward to getting out the Christmas decor after a bit of Halloween fun.

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lori - your tablescape is GORGEOUS!!!!

    And your sideboard decor is amazing - you really nailed it!

    Golly I SURE WISH our Thanksgiving was behind us - we Americans have it all wrong, as harvest is done - we should have it now so we have more time for Christmas - those 4 short weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas is ridiculous.

    I have actually considered changing when we celebrate ours - silly, huh?

    Anyway, you've done a beautiful job decorating for fall!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and almost magical. I won't even do any Fall decorating to speak of until after Halloween and I use sunflowers also. Thanks for the inspiration with the lights, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning house? I guess it's really true that one man's "trash" is a savvy decorator's treasure! :-) Nicely done!!! I really like that filler, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and I love seeing them out everywhere this time of the year. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Sunflowers and Autumn just go together for me and they are such a "happy" flower! I love that you used the fairy lights ... wonderful and magical. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ducks look so at home here! Your table is styled perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunflowers look beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving table and sideboard with sunflowers. I started blogging in March and also love tablescapes and all things beautiful. Blessings. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is magic Lori, very creative!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Lori! Just wanted to let you know that we loved your Sunflowers on the Sideboard so much when you shared it at the #HomeMattersParty last week, we’ve FEATURED it THIS WEEK! Hope you can check it out when you get a sec. Happy Friday!!!
    https://lifewithlorelai.com/2017/10/26/home-matters-linky-party-159/

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai / Home Matters Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Lori! I love the leaves, the sunflowers, and the fairy lights. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".