Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Thanksgiving Decor on the Sideboard

In my last post, I included only 1 picture of the Thanksgiving decor I had on the sideboard behind my table. I had wanted to show you more details but that post already had too many 
pictures ;)  
So hope you don't mind taking a look at it now.



To refresh your memory, this is my Giving Thanks tablescape which you can see more of here.

We are looking beyond the table to the sideboard behind it.

I kept the decor items in neutral tones and used some natural elements.

I began with two of these wheat centerpieces.

So simple to make if you have access to or can buy some wheat.

You can see instructions on how to create these here.

Two white ceramic pumpkins were placed on the sideboard as well.

A plain grapevine wreath was hung on the mirror above the display.

This handled-basket that I've had forever was used as the centerpiece.

Corn husks and a white pumpkin were placed inside.



Candlelight adds a cozy vibe.

These candleholders used to belong to my late Grandma so are very special to me.

I filled the area around the candle with small pine cones.

Below, you can see the birch pieces in an arrangement I placed in the corner next to the sideboard.



This rustic fall display was pretty easy to put together once I had the wheat in the vases and I was pleased with how it turned out.




Since Thanksgiving is over (Canadian) and November is only days away,my decorating thoughts are moving past fall and onto Christmas.
How about you?

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

10 comments:

  1. Oh your table and sideboard look fantastic! I adore the touches of blue. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are moving toward Christmas decor but our Thanksgving is still a few weeks away. I'll put out some turkeys for a couple of weeks and slowly start decorating for Christmas. Lovely tablescape. The wheat is a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your styling. The sideboard is charming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Lori. I love your sideboard and white pumpkins are a favorite! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Lori! It looks so inviting!

    Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the neutral look with the addition of the wheat and birch branches. Your table setting is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredibly beautiful! I love the straw mats with the white tablecloth -- the mix of natural, formal, cozy and warm. We do our wheat much the same way -- doesn't it make the most wonderful, simple centerpiece. I haven't used the rice though -- that's a great idea I'll take with me.

    Your home and table is simply lovely. Thanks for joining Share Your Cup!

    jeanie from The Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplistic beauty of this arrangement! The wheat vases are perfect. I love Thanksgiving and will leave my seasonal décor out until it is over. But yes, my thoughts of turned to Christmas as well. I may start transforming the basement beginning the week before Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I REALLY like this! I don't do many tablescapes, preferring to place food on the table--but I love the idea of decorating the sideboard. Thanks for the great ideas!

    Thanks for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".