Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Alfresco Dining in the Cabana

Welcome friends and newcomers! I'm excited to be participating in this terrific Alfresco Tablescape blog hop hosted by Chloe at Celebrate & Decorate. You will find lots of inspiration on how to set a table outdoors to enjoy the remaining days of summer. Be sure to check out the links to the other participating blogs at the end of my post.

My alfresco (meaning: in the open air) tablescape was set up out here in what we call our cabana.


We like to dine out here quite often during the warm weather months.

I was happy the sun chose to shine for a bit as we've had our share of rain this summer.

By using navy, orange and white, I was able to add some bold colour to the table.

And with the addition of some seaside elements, the table took on a nautical look.

The centerpiece began with this square white lantern.


I placed a white starfish beside it...

...and filled the lantern with seashell ball ornaments and faux sea grasses.




One of these coral coloured shell type vases was placed on each end of the table.


I got both of these many years ago at HomeSense.

White rope was tied around these glass candleholders. 

The rope and the sand add to the nautical theme.

Sea urchin type candleholders were set at each place setting. 

I folded the napkins into a sail and set them in these appetizer dishes that are shaped like little boats (dishes were a gift years ago).
(Tutorial on napkin fold found at Between Naps on the Porch)

A couple of shells and a placecard that I made on the computer, complete the look.

I am pleased to say that I didn't buy a single new item for this tablescape but shopped the house instead.

The cobalt blue bowls are from the Dollar Store many years back. They top an array of white and orange plates and charger on an orange placemat.

The stemware colours coordinate with the tablescape as well.


My outdoor dining chairs have striped cushions so I put white pillow cases and orange napkins over them so they coordinate with the table.



Sunny summer days were made for alfresco dining...

...but of course you have to be prepared for all kinds of weather...

Yep, as is typical of the summer we are having, the sun turned to rain...

...but we didn't mind as we were under cover and with the candles and outdoor lighting, it was very cozy.

Mr. D cooked up one of his delicious seafood meals and we invited another couple over for what turned out to be dinner in the alfresco rain!

After all, alfresco doesn't just mean in the sunshine!


Though I definitely prefer it!




I hope you enjoyed seeing my alfresco dining in the cabana tablescape.  You won't want to miss any of the other incredible outdoor tablescapes in this blog hop so be sure to stop by the other blogs linked below. Special thanks to Chloe of Celebrate & Decorate for hosting!
Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Inspire Me Mondays at Sand & Sisal
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

28 comments:

  1. Lori, what a beautiful spot to dine alfresco...a cabana! Where do I start on commenting on a perfectly layered table! Your blue, orange, and white color scheme is a win! The nautical theme is so perfect. The dish stack,, the napkin fold, the centerpiece perfectly blend for a lovely setting! I could sit at your table for hours enjoying each detail! Happy Thursday, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. A large cabana, a chandy and sparkling lights, what a setting rain or shine, Lori! I have serious sea shell envy and I especially love the shell balls in your lantern. The orange and blue are stunning against your lush green garden, and LOVE what you did to the chairs. This is a gorgeous alfresco setting, it's like stepping into a magical world!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahoy, Lori! Delightful nautical alfresco tablescape in your cabana! Such a beautiful lush background your garden is. All that rain has blessed you with lush healthy green trees and grass. I love the colors you chose. I think orange might be one of your favorite colors. I enjoyed your precious post tabletop display also.
    You have so many clever elements going on in your tablescape .First, the navy scolloped cloth is fabulous and all your shells are amazing. Love the planters, square plates and great layers of color and texture. Those navy bowls are perfect. Great table, Lori. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, what a gorgeous tablescape! Love the lantern centerpiece. Every detail is just perfect. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the color combination of cobalt blue, orange and white. Your tablescape is so well done. The shells and lanterns are a beautiful touch to an already stunning table. It is truly a beautiful setting and even more so in your gorgeous cabana. Even the rain could not affect the breathtaking setting you arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely cabana to enjoy this wonderful alfresco tablescape. It looks so inviting. Loving your color choices. They go so well together. Adding the seashells is lovely. The napkin fold with the name tags is a nice added bonus. Truly a beautiful setting to enjoy this pretty table you set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, this is magazine-worthy! Such a gorgeous table! I love the pillow cases for the sheer ingenuity! Great idea! The shells, white rope tied around the candleholders, the colors, your glassware! Everything is so pretty! And as soon as I finish with this comment, I'm on my way to the Dollar Store! They may not have those blue dishes anymore, but who knows what else I'll find for a future post! Love it all! Kim @ CoziNest

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cabana! It's a perfect setting for your nautical alfresco dining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, I am in love with your cabana. The tablescape is gorgeous. You thought about so many details here! WOW! Just love it all! I want me a cabana now. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, your table is wonderful! Makes me wish summer would last forever! Love, love, love your cabana, what a great place for dining! Your garden/yard looks so beautiful, too...someone has a seriously green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning table in a beautiful setting. Love all the details and those amazing placecards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful tablescape. Evidently we were thinking along the same lines! I love your little boat dishes with your napkins folded like the sails, those are just perfect! I have so many nautical dishes, those would be a perfect companion! I can't get over your pretty blue bowls that came from the dollar store! Thank you so much for being a part of our tablescape blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous is your outdoor spot. Your table looks lovely...and the blue calls my name for sure. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Gorgeous tablescape! Your attention to every perfect detail is amazing! Love the color scheme and large shells filled with foliage! And the pictures are amazing, capturing the tablesetting befitting of a magazine spread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your choices of colors here. So refreshing and summery and works so well with the shells and beachy theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a charming outdoor space. I love the combination of colors, and those great planted shells. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of the nautical details on your tablescape. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lori, your cabana is an oasis, backlit by the most beautiful garden ever. I love your lantern centerpiece, the shell planter, string lights, your sunny colors. You have created magic! This has been a fun week, hasn't it? I'm so glad we got to play together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori, what a gorgeous setting. Love the cabana. The centerpiece you created from the lantern and sea shells is just wonderful. The colors you chose to use are so bright and festive. And the cute placecards are so special. Happy to be a part of the blog hop with with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cabana is really great!! So nice to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty, beachy and nautical! I love the combination o your blue and coral plates, Lori!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE your cabana and it is a perfect pace for dining al fresco! Your tablescape is gorgeous. I love the napkin fold and all the shell elements. Those shell vases are wonderful, wish I had some too! Thanks for having us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the little details you included in your tablescape! And I love the inclusion of orange... One of my favourites! The seaside elements are perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hopping back over to pin and share your tablesetting on my Blog FB page! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is BEAUTIFUL! I want to come to dinner at your house! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How beautiful! It would be so nice to eat outside in this setting! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The orange/blue combo is very pretty. I've used it once and now that I see this I'm excited to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. visiting for the first time. This tablescape is beautiful and I was pinning away dreaming of a party in our new-to-us coastal home. Loved the lantern and those shells with grasses.... spectacular! So glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".