Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

A Merry Little Christmas Tablescape

As someone who tablescapes as a hobby, naturally, I create a few different table settings throughout the holidays.  Unfortunately, I don't always get them posted right away.

Here's a look at a festive Christmas tablescape I created last year that worked well for a special breakfast and a cozy dinner.


 
 
The centerpiece started with this snowflake hurricane shade by Partylite that I've had for years.
 
 
Placed inside a wreath that had red berries, pine cones and snow on it, the hurricane shade becomes the star of the table.
 
 
Glass blocks adorned with snowflakes and red berries were added to both sides of the centerpiece.
The matching votive holders were set on top of the blocks.
 
 
This frosty look runs the length of the table.
 
The place setting
 
I've had these Christmas dishes for years but still love their patterns.
 
 
 
A mug and clear glass goblet are ready for the beverages.
 
White napkins were given a special touch with a red berry napkin ring on top of a plain red one.
 
 
These bottle brush trees in white pots were from the Dollar Store and made great place card holders.
 
The table is set for Christmas morning breakfast...
 
...or an intimate holiday dinner.
 
With the busyness at this time of year, it's wonderful when a tablescape can be multipurpose.
 
Dining by the Christmas tree in the evening adds to the coziness of the meal.
 
Here's some tips on how to create a similar table.
 
Use your favourite Christmas dishes or basic plain white ones will do too.
Do you have your Christmas tablescape planned out yet?
 
Thanks for visiting!
 

I'll be linking this post to these fabulous blog parties:
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Inspire Me Tuesdays at a Stroll Thru Life
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Show & Tell Fridays at My Romantic Home
Weekend Retreat Link Party at AKA Design + Life
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'day Saturday at Natasha in Oz
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen


14 comments:

  1. Very elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very festive with all of the red and green...looks lovely....Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful table and even lovelier at night. I love the green, red and white combination so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful table and I love the dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful setting! You always have such pretty tables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love this table your centerpiece is too pretty for words and your red china plates I want them just totally enjoyed this entire table.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so pretty! I love the Christmas tree place cards. I'm going to have to check out the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty ... love the bottle-brush trees in the pots.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty table and the centerpiece is gorgeous! I seen these glass blocks in Hobby Lobby the other day and wondered how to use them. Thanks for the inspiration. Found you via DIY by Design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always know you will use light to make your table elegant. Beautiful centerpiece and extra lighting pieces along the center. Love the bottle brush trees for name tags, so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The light from the centerpiece and the votive holders on the glass blocks does a magical job of illuminating the dinner table! Just Lovely!!! You certainly made a believer out of me for using glass blocks to add height and dimension to the holiday table. I love all of your holiday posts, they are so creative and cheerful. I did link my version of "Snowflakes and Ice" to Susan's Tablescape Thursday yesterday. I want to thank you again for the wonderful holiday inspirations that I have that I have had the pleasure of reading (and seeing) at your blog. I am looking forward to creating another beautiful holiday table from the inspiring tables that you have created..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great table! I want your bottle brush trees. Ha! I am going to look for some like yours. Love Dollar Stores! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fantastic to look at! Your tablescape for the holiday is simply gorgeous! I'll be pinning these on my christmas table decorations Pinterest board, hope you won't mind. Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".