Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Woodland Christmas Mantel


This year's Christmas mantel is similar to last year's with a couple of additions.

I wanted to give it even more of a woodland vibe.


 
I added a wreath over the round mirror that's always over the mantel.
 
 
A trio of metallic acorns hangs over the mirrored center.
 
 
Four of these bronze coloured reindeer add to the woodland feel.
 
 
 
 
 
None of these lights are in a pre-lit form.  I just wound ordinary strings of mini-lights through the garland and the wreath strategically hiding the wires and cords.
 
 
 
I'm still liking how Mr. Delight attached a curtain rod to the underside of the mantel.
Works great for the stockings!
 
The full view of mantel and fireplace
 
 
 
 
 
The lights make the room so cozy in the evening.
 
 
The woodland feel of the mantel coordinates well with the Christmas tree.
Click here to see more of the tree.
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
I'll be linking this post to these terrific blog parties:
Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design & Life
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Say G'day Saturday at Natasha in Oz
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Metamorphosis Mondays at Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stoll Thru Life
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
 


6 comments:

  1. So warm and beautiful! I love your color scheme also and I love the idea of using the curtain rod to hang your stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It seems very cozy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks sooo pretty! I love the clever touches to hang the stockings and cover the wires, genius!
    Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing this at the Say G'Day link up. I am pinning this to the Say G'Day Saturday board right now.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! So warm with great decorator style!

    I really like the curtain rod approach to hanging stockings. Stylish, understated, very practical, and probably not to difficult to install. I think this would solve our problem. Every year I load the mantel with scads of greenery that "drips" down over the side. It's impossible to put a stocking holder up there with all of that going on. I think the curtain rod is the answer!!!

    Happy Start of the Christmas Season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".