Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Frosty Winter Mantel


Hi there!  I've been busy lately! I spent last week taking down the Christmas decorations, packing it all away, cleaning and then redecorating in a winter theme. You might think I'm LATE in doing so, but that's the way we like it at our house - we enjoy Christmas to the fullest and for a LONG time!

 
Starting with this one, my next few posts will show you what I've come up with for adding a frosty flair to a few areas around the house.
 
Today, we'll look at the fireplace mantel...
 
 
 
Once again, my Frosty Family makes an appearance...

 
 
Over the holidays, we received 3 sets of these cute orament-skis as hostess/host gifts.
 
I thought they looked perfect propped against my snowman family.  Like us, they love to ski!
I also used two of my glass blocks with some white mini-lights(can't have ALL the lights gone after Christmas!) and snowflakes.
 

Snowboy joins his parents who are ready to hit the slopes with their skis.
 
I hung a large snowflake in the center of the round mirror and added other smaller snowflakes along the mantel and above the mirror.
 
The hearth is kept simple with a black lantern and a wooden vase containing brown grasses.
 
This is my first "winter mantel" since our fireplace makeover (click HERE to see that)
Hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed creating it!
 
 
 
 
 I'll be linking this post to these fantastic blog parties:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming

Tutorials,Tips & Tidbits at Stone Gable
Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories of A to Z


 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I just love this beautiful mantle! It looks so lovely! I also love looking at your beautiful tablescapes! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and I look forward to seeing more of your lovely tables and mantles all decorated so nicely! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Mantel is beautiful, I'm like you I hate how dark everything seems after all the Christmas stuff comes down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It is so pretty! I adore snowflakes...they are delicate and beautiful! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is totally magical. I love it all. The snowflakes and snowmen are just so pretty. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowmen are so adorable! Great job on that mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did that adorable snowmen family come from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".