Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Mantel Friday


 
 Although I've posted these pics in a previous post with my winter decor, I really wanted to link up to Beth's great meme of Mantel Fridays at her blog Stories from A to Z  I apologize to those of you who might have already seen these.


This is how I decorated the mantel for winter after I took down the Christmas decor.




 

I laid icy branches over white LED mini-lights, added snowflakes and two pillar candle holders on each side.  I am always a fan of using Battenburg lace as part of my winter decorations.  It has a "snowy" look to me. (I'm not sure why the lights look blue in the pic but IRL they are a very white colour)
  





Real pine cones were sprayed with faux-snow from a can.

 
Be sure to head over to The Stories from A to Z and check out all the other fabulous ideas for decorating your mantel.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up just so I could see your header! How gorgeous. Your mantel is beautiful too. Would you mind if I feature it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winter mantel is beautiful, love the pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Totally wintery and icy.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love your header too! MIKI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I got to see it again. It is stunning!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to embrace the snow! Love the mantel and the little lights. Thanks for sharing (and for your kind comment)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Valentine's Table header! The Winter mantel gave me so many ides! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".