Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

My First Pink Saturday

I'm joining in for the first time with the Pink Saturday meme hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.


This is a pink Valentine table for two I created last year
for Mr. Delight and I.

 

The table is next to our front windows and
we often eat breakfast here. 
I decided to dress up the table for an intimate dinner using a pink tablecloth, pink candles, pink hearts and pink flowers.



Pink tulips in a glass vase are put on a pedestal cake plate. 
I surrounded the base with white mini-lights covered in tulle.
The crystal candle lamps are by Partylite purchased 
quite a few years ago.
The pink beaded hearts were from HomeSense last year.


  

This pink and white china is called Dimity Rose by Royal Albert.
It is the pattern we chose (well I chose!) 27 years ago
for our wedding china.
I used vinyl heart-shaped cling-ons on the stemware and votive holders to make them fit the theme.  
The burgundy ringed glasses are special to me as I inherited
them from a favourite great aunt.
  
This is another tablescape I did before I had a blog and can you imagine, I only took 4 pictures of it!  I'm showing this pic again enlarged so you can see a bit more detail.
 
Thanks for looking! Happy Pink Saturday to you all!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is just gorgeous. I love all the wonderful dishes and accessories. So elegant and so romantic. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful treasures you have.. I'm sure you think of your favorite great Aunt each time you use them.. I adore your china..and your centerpiece is just perfect..how romantic.. Happy Pink Saturday...hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so pretty and romantic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table. Such a pretty place to eat. Great job!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I love the idea of putting the vase on the cake plate, great idea! beautiful table setting

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tablescape! Very romantic :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a breathtaking table! I love how soft and romantic it all looks. I love how you put the vase on the pedestal with the mini lights. I just might have to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Romantic and so pretty!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you used the lights under the flowers...so pretty. My mom has those goblets, I'd forgotten all about them. I wonder where she keeps those...hmmm...she isn't using them...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".