Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

Leprechaun and Lanterns - St Patrick's Day Table

 Being a wee bit Irish, I like to spread some of the green around my house in honour of St Patrick's Day coming up on March 17th. Here's a look at a simple tablescape I designed for the occasion.



 For the centerpiece, I arranged a trio of lanterns with the center one on a wood slice riser.



I added this friendly leprechaun (had for ages) to one side of the middle lantern.



This pot of gold, some lucky charms (both from Dollar Store) and faux greenery were also added to the center wood slice .



 I opted to forego a tablecloth and leave the table bare using just a green runner and some woven placemats.



 The round woven placemat was topped with a faux greenery one and then a green rimmed dinner plate and a white salad plate.



 I made these little faux boxwood wreaths years ago and thought they looked good highlighting the words on the plate.



No, I don't have St Patrick themed dishes...I added a vinyl cling-on decal (Dollar Store) to the center of the salad plates.


For actual dining, you could place a clear salad plate on top of this one so that the decal shows through or simply remove the plate when it is time to eat.



 I chose to use my gold flatware as it complemented the green perfectly.



 These little green mugs were embellished with a shamrock, a faux yellow tulip and a cloth napkin.



This simple tablescape was fun to put together...



...and I hope it might have inspired you to try adding a bit of green to your table for these early days of March.



Best of Luck!



Thanks for visiting!


9 comments:

  1. Your little wreaths turned out great highlighting the center of the plates. Your leprechauns are perfect beside the candle. Very cute table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling. I never think to layer my placemats or chargers and it's such a great idea. Always inspired by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table for St. Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is lovely. How creative to add a decal to make seasonal dishware

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I always love your tables! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your table. Congratulations, you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/03/thuthings-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always find the best decor for your amazing tablescapes. Thanks for sharing your lovely St. Patrick's Day tablescape with us at the Snickerdoodle Party! I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".