Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Beach Themed Decor for the Kitchen Sideboard

In keeping with the beach inspired decor that I've decorated with this summer, I've added some similarly themed items on my kitchen sideboard.


The sideboard sits under this shelf on the far wall of our kitchen. I store mostly glassware and liquor in the cabinet and the top is a wonderful place to add seasonal decor.

My inspiration began with this sign I got a couple years ago.  I placed it on a crate turned upside down inside some netting that I draped over it.  A wooden fish and a starfish were added.

Here's the full view of this end.  Beside the sideboard, sits a basket on a vintage stool.  A "Beach Rules" themed pillow was tucked in the basket.  

This vignette includes objects and textures reminiscent of the beach.

A white lantern sits atop some blue plates on a crate turned upside down.

I added netting and the "Love You to the Beach and Back" sign along with a wooden fish and a starfish.

A textured vase holds faux sea grasses and white flowers. A little blue bucket was also filled with faux beach grass.

Another of the wooden fish was hung on a tall white candleholder with white nautical rope.

This view gives you a look at the decor on the top shelf above the sideboard. 

I had wanted to get a beach themed sign to put on this metal wall art but never found one so I hung white metal stars from it.  I think it worked...maybe they represent starfish or gazing at the night sky while lying on the beach?

The side view as you walk into our kitchen.

This  end of the sideboard holds very similar decor to the opposite side as I went with more of a symmetrical look this time.

A woven basket type lantern sits next to another little blue pail filled with faux beach grasses. I added a small rope-wrapped ball as well.

A similar sign was placed on the crate on this end. I know a lot of us call the beach our "happy place".  The wooden fish are from the Dollar store.

Another white lantern sits atop this crate.

Here is the look I almost went with but decided to edit it a bit.  Always tweaking when creating vignettes! LOL

I'm liking this beach-themed decor for summertime and because we only recently got a stretch of hot weather, I'll be leaving it up for awhile yet.

Whether or not I get much beach time this year, this type of decor just says "summer" to me!

Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

  1. Adorable beach decor. Love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy for your sweet compliment! ~ Lori

      Delete
  2. Your beach themed decor is displayed perfectly on your sideboard! You did a great job! Love you to the beach and back is a cute little sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your kind words Allyson! I love that sign too and was so happy to find it at a cute gift shop in our travels. ~ Lori

      Delete
  3. So cute Lori, love it all, that blue is my favorite color!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jenna! Appreciate your sweet comment! ~ Lori

      Delete
  4. Fantastic mix of colors and textures! I'd love for you to share over at our Creative Crafts Linky Party https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-1-join-in-the-fun/
    Have a great weekend!
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth for your kind compliment and for letting me know about your link party. I'm always happy to share and see new inspo so I'll be right over! ~ Lori

      Delete
  5. I love this decor. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Thank you for participating in our linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Laura and thanks for hosting! ~Lori

      Delete
  7. Your sideboard display is so bright and happy. It makes me want to pack up and head to the beach! I'm excited to share your post this week on the Tuesday Turn About Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a sweet comment! Thank you so much and I am so excited to have this post featured at your wonderful link party!

      Delete
  8. We are so excited that you participated! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing! Your project is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great addition to our linky party! We are so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".