Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Apples & Sunflowers Late Summer Tablescape

My "go-to" decor for late summer usually includes apples and sunflowers.  I love the combination of the bold colours and the fact that these two things are in season as we wind down summer and head into fall.  With that in mind, I set a table for two that includes apple and sunflower decor.


A red gingham tablecloth provided the perfect backdrop.

We enjoy a lot of meals at this little table by our front windows.

The place setting included a red soup bowl, white salad plate and a yellow dinner plate. 

These were set atop new charger plates from Michael's that have a white barnwood appearance.  They are resin and lightweight - plus they were on for half price! They have them in brown too.

A sunflower was tucked inside the napkin ring for an added touch.

Faux apples, sunflowers and a sunflower shaped tealight holder adorn the table.

The centerpiece was more of a "side-piece".

It included an arrangement of faux 
sunflowers in a small pitcher...

...this red metal house with mini-lights inside for our evening meals...

...and this little "Home Sweet Home" sign.

An arrangement of large sunflowers was placed next to the table and pillows were set on each chair.

I've had these French sunflower pillows for many years and still love them.

The table is all set and ready for our lunch. 
Menu:
Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
Smashed Avocado on Toast with Balsamic Reduction
Green Garden Salad
Apple Crisp and Vanilla Ice Cream

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:


  1. I love your sunflower late Summer table setting. The little house just give it the sweet touch of Summer. I love it as I love all you create dear friend.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape certainly captured my heart. What works more perfectly than apples, sunflowers and red and white gingham. This is ideal for the apple picking season in fall, but I think it is a beautiful tablescape that could be up throughout the year. So homey, cozy and inviting. It absolutely conveys warm country hospitality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE ! LOVE RED AND WHITE GINGHAM and SUNFLOWERS ! MY FAVORITE ! GREAT JOB !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So charming! I'm not sure which is cheerier -- the sunflowers or the gingham. Probably leaning towards the sunflowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori --- I just love your tablescapes and get so many ideas and inspiration from them. Keep up the good work gal! Penny srmarymaid@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red gingham with the beautiful sunflowers. Such a pretty combination.
    Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love the bright red coloring of the gingham and your sunflower arrangement. The apples are the perfect touch for a late summer table! I did something similar with my tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I love the color combination. I recently got those same chargers and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the perfect late summer table setting, and the menu sounds delicious! I love the French pillow too.

    Enjoy the rest of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".