Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

St Patrick's Day Tiered Tray


Now that March is here, it is time to really get your green on and I've done just that by decorating my tiered tray for  St Patrick's Day. With the help of some lucky leprechauns and shiny shamrocks, my kitchen island has a display that is ready to pay tribute to this Irish holiday!




How's this for a lot of green! :) 
Almost everything on the tray is from my St Patrick's decor stash that I've had for many years.

Here's a look at the bottom level of the tray.

This shamrock patterned mug is from the Thrift Store.
 I added some gold coin chocolates beside it.


If you've been following me for awhile, no doubt, you've seen my trio of leprechauns that like to make an appearance this time of year...

...as well as these gold pots I got at the same time many years ago at a local drug store in the decor section.

On the top level of the tray, sits another leprechaun with some green beer mugs.

Here's a tip: when you want to create a themed look for a certain holiday but don't have enough items, try putting stickers on your everyday dishes like I did on the little white bowls below.

The other side of the tray.  
Here you'll see that I also put stickers on some plain white mugs to make those appear to be St Patrick's themed.
 (I tried and they do peel/wash off easily.)

Small pots of faux plants and little sprigs of faux greenery along with dishcloths in the right colour will help provide a St Patrick's vibe.


March 17th is St Patrick's Day. 
Yes, it's definitely time to get your green on!
 

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Share Your Style at French Ethereal
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I love this. Great idea about adding stickers to plain items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute ! Nice job ! Will be doing mine soon too !! Lucky us ! Ha !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea. Next year for sure. This yr I am alone in Sri Lanka. Tc stay blessed always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet styling of your tiered tray! Thanks for sharing at Homestyle Gathering! Always love having you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".