Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Mother's Day Buffet Decor


Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8th this year which will be here before we know it.  There always seems to be so much spring cleaning and yard work to be done this month that the time just flies by. 



As such, I'm getting a head-start on planning my Mother's Day celebration and thought I'd share with you what I've been thinking of.

Ideally, I'd like to invite my mom and a few others for a buffet luncheon and weather permitting, I'd like to set it up outside.

I'll probably use a few tables in our outdoor cabana area but for now, I've done a mock-up with the buffet décor all set on my dining room table.

There is a lot going on here so I'll break it down for you.

My centerpiece was created by placing spring décor items in this decorative box.

Some wine and a couple glasses make the décor look celebratory.

Because moms should definitely be celebrated!

These pink floral plates from HomeSense a few years back add a feminine touch.

White lanterns and other colour-coordinated décor were placed around the centerpiece.

This white birdie sits atop pink floral bowls which match the plates in the box.

I placed faux candles inside the lanterns.

The whole buffet décor scene.

I made three of these "Happy Mother's Day" signs on my computer using clipart.  This one was wrapped inside a small cloche.

On one side of the centerpiece, I created this display using another of the signs.




Pink cloth napkins with garden-utensil napkin rings stand upright in a wire basket in front of green-handled flatware.

These were a gift from my sister-in-law a few years back.

Can you read the words on this teddy bear's dress? My daughter gave her to me for Mother's Day many years ago.

On the other side of the table, I placed a drink dispenser which for now, only holds faux lemons but will have real lemonade for the actual occasion.  I'll probably have this set up on a separate drink table.



Faux lemons and ice decorate these butterfly-etched glasses.



A green tablecloth was placed over a longer white one and tied at the corners.

Faux pink tulips add some embellishment on the ends. 

The sun is streaming in today but I wonder what's in store weather-wise for Mother's Day.

I guess if the buffet is not do-able outside, I've already got things planned for indoors. In either scenario, I know we'll have a ...
Hope you do too!

In case you haven't noticed, I've finally got "pin it" buttons on every picture if you've found some inspiration here you'd like to save to Pinterest.

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Pin Worthy Wednesday at The Bajan Texan
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

21 comments:

  1. Lovely! Wonderful rose dishes, and your spring setting is perfect. Hope you have a wonderful day with your mom, cherish her while you have her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just adore this! I want to go to my Mom's and do something for Mother's Day but it's 250 miles away so I can't just drop on over to do it. Hopefully we will be able to go back and visit. Every detail here makes me smile! Love those rose dishes and the lemons in the wine glasses in the chicken wire basket, the lanterns, and the adorable bear from your daughter! I like the way you tucked the ends of the table cloth up with the flower- cute! I love those garden accessory napkins- totally me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks wonderful! I would love for someone to do a beautiful luncheon like this for me. I am sure we will go out though:) Every element is perfect! I LOVE the gardening napkin rings! I know you WILL have a Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing - I love the pink and green, inspiring spring in your Mother's Day decor. I think my favorite details are the flower plates and garden utensils napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty! I love, love the flower plates. Beautiful buffet, Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful, elegant and heartwarming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori, how cute is this table for your Mother's Day luncheon. I just love every element from those pink plates and the lanterns to the birds and the lemonaid. Wow, so well planned and just gorgeous. Enjoy your time with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love all the pink! So festive and perfect for Mother's Day. I will be pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Mother's Day plan, but I'm sure you will come up with the most gorgeous tablescape for the very day! You have such lovely, cute and pretty elements to create this vignette.
    I love your decorated box and the pretty 'rose plates.'
    I too will invite my mom, as I am the only girl and maybe my bro and sister in law who's dear mother is gone six years and she was my dear Mil too, as she was hubby's mom too. Now, I'm sure you guessed it!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mother's Day planning is wonderful!
    I love that gathering time of pulling things out of cabinets as creativity hits and I know what my plan is.
    I can see you do too!

    Thank you so much for joining TOHOT. We are so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a thoughtful and beautiful Mother's Day celebration, any Mom at any age would feel so loved and cared for with this beautiful and well thought out table.
    I adore these dishes!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday!
    Jemma


    ReplyDelete
  12. This tablescape is just gorgeous and truly thoughtful. Any mother would be delighted! Your post is such a happy addition to Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Thank you SO much for sharing the joy.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your table ideas. Just beautiful. sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely! I am swooning over those rose plates. I lost my mom three years ago and, after that, Mother's Day just wasn't the same. Now, despite the fact that I am a mother, it is just a day like I like to get through as quickly as possible. Your ideas are wonderful here and I wish I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful table Lori, I love the box centerpiece full of celebratory things, especially those pretty pink flower plates! Your mom is going to be treated like a queen!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so sweet! Lovely Mother's Day spring'y' tablescape!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I love all the colors!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely colours and theme - thank you for sharing with Pin Worthy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/05/sunday-showcase-make-pretty-monday-6-2.html Hope to see you again at tonight's bash! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".