Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

It's Time For Spring!


While we have had a pretty mild winter here this year, many others have had to endure a bone-chilling, snow-filled, never-ending type of winter. 
I'm sure those of you who have, are definitely thinking 
"It's Time for Spring"!
 
Well, good news! By the calendar, at least, it is only a couple of weeks away!
I enjoy the change of every season but there is such a feeling of starting fresh that comes with spring.

With that in mind, I decided to add some spring-y décor to my kitchen.
 
Inspiration began with stacking white dishes inside this birdcage.
 
I added a nest with eggs to the bowl on top.
 
A couple of blue napkins were nestled next to my white artichoke-type candle holder
 
White bird napkin rings add to the spring theme
 
as does this larger white birdie.
 
This sofa table was brought up from downstairs. Although it's not the right tone for my oak kitchen, it does coordinate with the large clock.

A couple of bunnies are smelling spring in the air.
 
Doubling up on the nest factor, I placed one inside another and added some real pussy willows.



This handsome fellow is from Pier 1 this year. I like how he has his hands behind his back.
 
The frontal view
 
I placed some more décor items under the table.

A basket of coordinating pillows and another of the blue napkins with bird napkin ring.

A pitcher of real pussy willows gathered for me last year by Mr. Delight.

A white bunny inside a case filled with faux grass and styrofoam eggs.
 


The shelf over the clock is HOME to two more little bunnies.

Yes, it's definitely Time for Spring!
 
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead this weekend!
Thanks for visiting!
 I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Something to Talk About at Karens Upon the Hill
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues at DIY by Design
What We Accomplished at Green Willow Pond
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


19 comments:

  1. Lori this is just spectacular scene the colors, the right amount of blue against the white the dk richness of the woods this just smiled spring to me can I come and just stare I won't intrude really I won't .Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Its hard to think spring in my neck of the woods with so much snow still on the ground but your inspiring me to put a spring arrangement together. What a great project for a Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! I love it!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and share on our link party Something to Talk Abput!
    We run Monday 6am-Thursday 5pm.
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely have me thinking spring! Your vignette is just so lovely! I am just a tad jealous of the artichoke candle holder - very cool. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Spring vignette! Love the white and blue theme. I guess I should get started....still have 2 feet of snow in the yard though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,
    Clever use for your birdcage, dear one!!!
    I adore how stacking the bowls gave great height for the bird's nest!
    Gorgeous vignette!!!
    Serene and tranquil hues!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Spring decor is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I needed this post!! Your Spring décor is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice changes for spring... it really looks cheery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you haver done here. I think my favorite thing though is the bunny in the case! That is adorable! I'd love to find some faux grass, where did you get that? Thanks for your visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! We are longing for spring here! Very pretty decor to help break winter's hold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So bright and cheerful! Love your bunny in the case, adorable!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so pretty down to the last detail...love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so, so darling. Bunnies....they tear at the heart this time of year. Cute too how there is one sitting below in the grass. I have to pin to my spring or Easter boards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely decorating for Spring!
    Thank you for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Link Party :-) I hope you join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely vignettes, and so delightfully Spring looking....
    and all your bunnies are adorable.
    Love that neat big clock too.
    The whole scene looks wonderful.
    Great job.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are one of those still locked in the deep freeze of winter. It is 18 degrees outside as I write this (March 27)! Unbelievable! Man do I long for spring.

    Love this spring vignette. The suitcase filled with grass and eggs is perfect! Thank you for sharing it and your spring tray and St. Patrick's Day table at What We Accomplished Wednesdays.

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I just can't find real pussy willows anywhere :(
    Love your vignette!

    I hope you will share your post with our Link Up - Idea box:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/03/idea-box-thursday-link-party-3.html

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love love your Springtime Entry vignette! that bunny in the grassy suitcase is just adorable! thanks for joining in for SYS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".