Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fall Mantel & Hearth 2014

 While I'm sad to see summer leave, I'm looking forward to the cozy feeling of drawing in that the cooler weather and shorter days of fall bring.

I've kept my fall mantel decorating fairly simple this year with some old standby elements so nothing new here. 

  
 
I started by placing an orange berry wreath on the black framed mirror.
 
 
Next, a couple of lanterns with some fall embellishments were set on one side of the mantel.
 
 
On the other side, two black candleholders with "Reallite" faux candles balance things out.
 
These "FALL" letters have been used in many areas of our home at this time of year but now take center stage on the mantel.
 
 
Add in a few faux leaves and pumpkins and the mantelscape is complete.
 
 
On the hearth, I copied last year's décor and put this faux pumpkin in a tall basket with fern leaves.
 
 
A black lantern holds another "Reallite" faux candle.  I love how real-looking these candles are! Its hard to tell in pics but the flame flickers just like a real flame. And you can set the timer to have them come on the same time each day.
(No, not compensated by them...just that I love them!)
 
The coffee table centerpiece of pine cones and leaves in a basket coordinates with the fireplace décor.
 
Back in the spring, I added a black-framed mirror to each side of the fireplace on the existing hardware that usually holds Christmas décor.
 
 
 
I've gotten so use to looking in this one (below) as a last check before heading out the door, that I'm going to miss it when I take them down to put up my Christmas decorations!
 
I also like the way the lamp is reflected in it at night.
 
It seems fitting that a cozy area like our fireplace gets some fall décor which adds to our enjoyment of the living room during these cooler evenings.
 
 
 
Have you added any special touches to your home to welcome the season?
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
 
Click HERE to see last year's fall mantel.
 
I'll be linking this post to these fabulous blog parties:
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Metamorphosis Mondays at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Tips & Tutorials at Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants
Be Awesome at Echoes of Laughter
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Say G'day Saturday at Natasha in Oz

15 comments:

  1. Love your fall decor.I love how thick your fireplace is and the stone is gorgeous. I wish mine looked as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fireplace and mantel look ready for fall days and nights. I'm drawn to your Parisian vase...love it. Please drop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I am jealous of your beautiful stone fireplace!! Your fall decor really shows it off! I rarely show my whole fireplace because I really do not like my fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about missing the mirror when you start decorating for Christmas. I have a few areas like that in our house, too, and it takes some getting used to! I've resorted to checking to make sure my hair's OK and that there's no spinach in my teeth by staring into one of the shiny Christmas balls instead! :-)

    Your mantel is beautiful! You have such a pretty fireplace area with the stone and all...it just begs fall decor!

    I love those new-fangled candles that look real! They're so much safer and so convenient! I'm sure anyone who has a loved one who works for the fire department would agree!!!

    Your decor is very pretty. Happy Fall to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fireplace is so lovely, and I really like that beautiful black-framed mirror. Fall is such a beautiful time of year, and I really like how you've incorporated some simple elements. I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your standby elements sure do look brand new paired together to create such a beautiful Fall mantelscape ... so very inviting, too! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreath over the mirror is amazing! I love it! :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed your fall mantle, very
    well done and very festive. All your accessorizing was lovely.
    Happy Fall........

    blessings, Nellie

    I did my Fall decorating early this
    year, cause my daughter was coming home for a visit for N.C. and they were already having Fall weather there, so
    figured I would make her feel at home. lol So come by to see me.
    I have 4 posts on Fall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful fall decor! The lighting makes it so inviting. I've not used the faux candles, but from looking at yours, I may just have do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantel is absolutely gorgeous. Love the fall colors. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have mantel envy... You have done a beautiful job of bringing fall into your home. The fireplace is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks beautiful!!! I am twiddling some fall deco into place, but with 90° days, I really have to talk to myself about the DATE!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I love your mantle! I see this post if from a few years ago, so I must search to see what you have done lately. :-) One question, how do you get the wreath to secute to the mirror? I am assuming you use command strips. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".