Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Not According to Plan....

As mentioned in my Harley Davidson Tablescape Thursday post of a couple weeks ago, Mr. Delight and I had headed out on our motorcycle for a road trip to Sturgis, South Dakota. Prior to going south, we rode across the prairies and visited a number of small towns where I used to live in Saskatchewan. We were having such a wonderful time and loving every minute of it. We live in the mountains here in B.C. and the prairies offered such a different landscape than what we are used to.


We took a wrong turn and ended up on a secondary dirt road on our way to Kipling, Saskatchewan, the little town where I was born. Mr. Delight has handled a lot of dirt/gravel roads in the 26 years we have been motorcycling but we came upon 4 inches of pea gravel with no warning and he lost control of the bike. Suffice it to say that instead of taking a picture of the hospital where I was born, we ended up being patients there. Mr. Delight suffered a fractured clavicle and I sustained some fractured ribs along with bumps and bruises. It could have been much worse and thanks be to God that it wasn't. All of the "prairie people" were so helpful and went out of their way to care for us and make sure our bike got shipped back to B.C. for repairs. We are at home mending now but already planning to make it to Sturgis next year!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry about the accident. I hope you and your hubby recover soon...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in! Glad you and the Mr are ok! We have a Harley too and it's my fear to have an accident. Would love to make it to Sturgis one year though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful table, so light and airy~ glad you are on the mends, you sound like quite the adventurer from tables to tumbles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".