Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Thanksgiving Display in a Tray


With Thanksgiving coming up this weekend, here in Canada, I've added some additional décor with this special holiday in mind. 
I had a lot of fun creating this Thanksgiving display in a tray and thought I'd share the details with you.


Surprisingly, inspiration started with these new fall-coloured plaid napkins I recently purchased at a local kitchen store.
They were tucked inside three brown mugs and centered in the tray - all ready for a cup of steaming hot coffee with perhaps a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. :)
From there, I played around with other various themed items arranging them around the mugs until I liked the composition.
Naturally, my leaf bowls (Walmart a few years back) and a few faux mini-pumpkins fit in perfectly.
Mr. Turkey was moved around to different areas in the tray but ended up perched on this candleholder. Originally, I had a 3 wick candle in this spot but moved that out in the end.
The leaf bowls are ready for perhaps some morning cereal or porridge.
The wheat arrangement is something I brought out of my fall décor storage from a few years back.
Below, you can see it is just a cylinder vase I filled with wheat grains as a base topped with wheat sheaves.
This tray is ready with dishes for a morning meal  but if you were serving a buffet type meal for Thanksgiving , it could serve as a decorative....

The "Give Thanks" pumpkin reminds us of the true meaning behind the holiday.
The secret to getting a display in a tray to look its best is to vary the heights of the items you use.
This can be accomplished with stacks of dishes, candleholders, cake plates and taller arrangements in pitchers or vases.
The benefit of having everything in a tray is that it provides a border to group the items and it can all be moved with relative ease if necessary.
Have I inspired you to try decorating in a tray? It can be round, square, rectangular, woven, metallic, plastic, deep or shallow - use whatever you've got!
Give it a try - just keep playing until you like what you see!

Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous display! Love those leaf bowls and plaid napkins. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH LORI I LOVE YOUR TABLES AND DISPLAYS .YOU ARE SO CREATIVE AND EVERYTHING YOU COME UP WITH ARE SO BEAUTIFUL I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED MY SO MANY OF YOUR TABLES AND YOUR COLORS ARE JUST MAGNIFICENT.DO YOU SAY HAPPY THANKSGIVING IN CANADA ?IF SO HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL HAPPY THANKSGIVING.SUSIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Thanksgiving display....especially the beautiful fall napkins!! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm pinning! So glad I stopped by from Imparting Grace:-) Annnnd... I love your name :-)
    Blessings and smiles,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful items you have. You have put them together in such a gorgeous manner. Your photo's are superb. You have given me some great ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! This caught my eye right away - first one I choose to visit in the link party because it grabbed me! Great mix of colors and textures, just perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love the turnkey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving in Canada, Lori. You always create such stunning groupings and your tray display is just perfect. Love the plaid napkin, leaf plate, turkey and wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's absolutely gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving and Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a gorgeous centerpiece. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
    I would love to have you join and share this at our Monday blog party Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Thanks.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! I especially like your leaf bowls. I don't have much decor that is specifically Thanksgiving, but I like your little turkey. I'll have to keep my eye out for one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Your center piece is just beautiful. All the images are gorgeous!Very inspiring! I'm so glad I happened by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori,
    My what a beautiful centerpc., it is really lovely and building it on a tray
    is such a great idea as it will make it very easy to move if necessary.
    It has great balance and looks so much like Fall..............
    Everyone will enjoy it I am sure. Thanks for sharing this great and beautiful
    idea.

    Blessings for a Wonderful Fall,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous vignettes!
    You must be a professional stylist.
    Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love those plaid napkins! I can see why you would be inspired by them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".