Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Backyard Ambiance with Outdoor Lighting

In an effort to repurpose and spend less, we put our outdoor Christmas lights to summertime use and converted them to backyard ambient lighting.

 This is how the lights usually look at Christmas...
(please excuse the words on pic as I copied it from a previous post)
 
...and here's how they look now 
 
This is not a tutorial on how to string/attach the lights as Mr. D did all that and I'm afraid I didn't pay too much attention but was very happy with the end result! He even put them on a dimmer switch so we can control the brightness.
 
And now we can sit out here in our Adirondack chairs and soak in the evening ambiance.
 
It will also be nice for larger gatherings this summer.
 
Lighting our fire bowl allows us the extra warmth to stay outside longer,
 
especially now that we have the extra lighting.
 
Want to come over and relax in one of these chairs with us?  We'd love to have you!
 
This chair is a recent purchase from Canadian Tire and I was very pleased to find one that coordinates well with the ones I already had.
Pillow is reversible (to a red side) and is by Pier 1.
 
 
The lights inside the cabana as well as my candelier also add to the outdoor lighting.
 
Below, you can see how the lights are strung over to our sundeck which will come in handy as that is how we access the kitchen.
 
It's amazing how much the atmosphere of your outdoor space can change just by adding some lighting.
 
Ahh, summer nights...
 
...will definitely be spent out here!
 
Thanks for visiting!
 I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Idea Box at Mila's Little Things
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

20 comments:

  1. I love your summer lights! I would not want to be involved with the hanging either, but it is a great job for the Mister. What a festive look to any outdoor event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your summer lights! I would not want to be involved with the hanging either, but it is a great job for the Mister. What a festive look to any outdoor event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your backyard lights....actually I love your blog period. We like the same style & color scheme & I've gotten ideas, & inspiration from your pics. Now if I can just convince my hubby that some lights in our backyard would look amazing.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely backyard!! Your hubby did a great job with the lighting (including that fabulous chandelier!) and you did a beautiful job decorating. Wishing you many happy evenings enjoying this gorgeous space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, your hubby did a fantastic job lighting up your beautiful backyard. You both have created such a gorgeous and welcoming area to enjoy the warm summer nights. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! Beautiful lighting and a wonderful retreat! Anyone would be thrilled to spend time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! i love the raised deck, i wanted to do that but the husband vetoed it. so, a recycled brick patio it is. enjoy yourself, that looks like a wonderful spot!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful back yard. I just love it! You did a great job with everything from the lights to the decorating!
    Terri@mygrayhaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place to sit and take in the evening stars. This is gorgeous. and very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every year around this time I wish I could get to our Christmas lights for this very reason. Yours look great - thanks for linking up at Talented Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM coming over, yes! :) After all, you said to :)

    What a great space / just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lights, the pop of red, all the furnishings makes this a gorgeous place to enjoy summer at it's best!
    I love it my friend. Congrats for the awesome space you created at your home.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I LOVE lights strung across the yard, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! Adding lights to the backyard has been on my list...thanks for the inspiration pics to show my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love the outdoor lights. A little extra sparkle always helps! And thanks for putting Just*Grand on your Blog List! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks absolutely gorgeous! It's my dream backyard :)
    And the fire pit! I hope you'll spend many fun nights there this summer.
    I would love for you to share your backyard with Idea box:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/06/idea-box-thursday-link-party-15.html
    xx
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for joining Idea Box !
    Your post has been featured :)

    xx
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! When can I come over for a beautiful and relaxing summer evening? Your lighting and furniture all look so welcoming. Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door Opens Friday! :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outdoor space is perfect, what a difference a bit of lighting makes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Thanks for sharing your valuable information. extremely its nice blog hanging solar lights outdoor waterproof
    "

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".