Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Rustic Blue & Gray Tablescape

This time of year has me still enjoying winter but also thinking ahead to spring. For sure, in these parts, we still have a lot of the current season left and it's too early to go full-tilt into the next. So with that in mind, I designed a tablescape using the cooler colours of winter but with a rustic early spring look.






I used three of these wooden lanterns as the basis for the table centerpiece.

Faux greenery was placed around the lanterns as well as inside.

Two of these glass candleholders were placed in between the lanterns.

Various birch items such as the cut branches (above pic) and these log tealight holders provided the rustic touch I was looking for.

So as not to go too rustic though, I added these silver wire orbs and acrylic table scatter. A string of battery-operated white lights created a warm glow.

All of these elements were placed on a gray table runner...

...which was placed on a dark blue tablecloth.

Below, you will notice I layered my table linens as my blue tablecloth was a little too short.

The place settings were done in white, blue and gray.

Gray placemat and charger with white dishes and a striped blue & white napkin.

A decorative burlap bag (Dollar Store) adds to the rustic look.

I added some sprigs of greenery but these could also be used to hold a favour for your guests or to hold the cutlery.

The butterflies on the stemware give a nod to the promise of spring.

Silver votive holders add some sparkle to the gray and blue background.

I used gray table runners to act as chair covers.

I pinned some faux greenery to the tops and added a twine bow.




Do you still have a LOT of winter left where you live? Or are you able to realistically start thinking about spring?

Either way, I hope I've provided some inspiration for any upcoming winter-turning-to-spring dinner parties you might be having.

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues at DIY by Design
Brag About It at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty table, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous...I think you've created a wonderful setting for your guests. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inviting setting! I think your table can easily transition seasons. (I only wish we had actually had winter this year.) Table runners used on the chairs is a genius idea!

    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the theme on this tablescape and the colors are gorgeous. Beautiful centerpiece!The lanterns are perfect with the blue linens. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly did pull off what you were aiming for, this is the perfect blend of Winter to Spring, with the logs and the bright greenery! You certainly always style a pretty table! I love the series of lanterns down the center of the table! Thanks for partying with us at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the theme and the colors . Sweet . Hugs and blessings , Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, You set such a beautiful table! The touch of greenery along with the rustic logs and lanterns is perfection! I love it and pinned for future table ideas. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your post with us this week at Brag About it! Hope you'll share with us often :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect for this time of year! I'm straining at the bit for spring but I also know we have a long winter haul ahead of us. Love those lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this table!!! This looks beautiful. We moved to a lake and to me this looks like a perfect table for a gathering of our lake friends!! I may have to borrow some of your ideas from this table!! Love the burlap bags with the sprigs of spring in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful combination of rustic and elegance. Love the mixture!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO anxious for spring ....and it is snowing still today! I love the ideas of using runners on your chairs - very clever. I also like the burlap bags, so sweet! Very pretty setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rustic elegance! I love the touches of nature, and the little burlap bags are a fun addition. Love the different textures on your table! Thanks for sharing this beautiful table to brighten this winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful and elegant table! You always create the prettiest tablescapes! I love the blue mixed with the pretty greenery. I hope that you enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, I love the lanterns used in the table center piece. The light garland is really effective to add some sparkle. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful theme and I love all the birch accents! The table runner idea is so cute- great way to dress up a chair! The bits of green and the little lights really enhance the table. Love the color of the blue tablecloth and the sweet butterfly stemware! I like the little burlap bags- cute and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your table looks absolutely incredible! We would love to have you at our To Grandma's House we go link party that just opened Wednesday morning and is open for a week. Thanks! We're over at grandmashousediy.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori, your table setting looks wonderful. I love your use of greenery and birch; very creative! I especially like how you did the backs of the chair. Thanks for sharing and your visit. Enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lori, I love the color palette that you used for your table. The wood lanterns are so stunning with the other elements you chose. It has a real earthy vibe and it is perfect for this season! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am ready for spring also...and have been playing with some spring tabletops too. It is warmer down here and I hope for an early spring! 😊Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tables always look so amazing! I wish I could come for dinner! ;) Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lori, your table is terrific! What a soothing color combo - reminds me of a Bradford pear tree I saw today, with white blooms emerging (yes, already!), against a blue sky, with the dark branches outlining the shape. Pretty!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".