Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Snow Day Tablescape

Snow Day: a day on which a school or other institution is closed due to heavy snowfall or other extreme winter weather.


Earlier this month, our area of the province received some massive snowfall accumulations.  Most of the neighbouring cities declared a Snow Day...except ours of course. You see, in our neck of the woods, we are quite used to getting heavy snowfalls and the city and its citizens are well equipped to deal with it.


However, as I looked out the window, gazing upon the winter wonderland, I couldn't help but dream of a real Snow Day where we get to stay home.
 
With that in mind, I set out to create a fun-filled Snow Day tablescape.
 
My inspiration came from these fabulous plates my sister-in-law gave me at Christmas.
(Thanks NR!)
 
The cool looking snowman on them reminded me of my own Mr. Frosty and he came out to play...
 
...along with the Mrs. of course!
 
And what's a Snow Day without a snowball fight?
 
These snowballs are on ice waiting to be called into action.
 
Each guest is welcomed with their own snowball.
 
 They made great placecard holders.
 
A Snow Day starts with ...
 
 
... a single snowflake...
 
...which can quickly turn into many...
 
...falling one after another 
  
 
Wintertime play calls for some yummy treats which I foresee being placed on this coordinating tiered tray.
 
 With this being the "norm" around here in the winter...
 
 ...it will probably take a LOT of snow for us to ever have a Snow Day declared.
 
 Do you ever get a Snow Day where you live?
 
 If so, I hope this tablescape has inspired you to enjoy its beauty and the possibilities for play to the fullest!
 Thanks for visiting!
If you'd like to see another snowy tablescape, click here to see Dining in a Valentine Snow Cave. 
 
I'll be linking this post to these terrific blog parties:
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Tuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stoll Thru Life
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Foodie Friday & Everything at Rattlebridge Farm
Show & Tell Fridays at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design + Life
Best of the Nest at Shine Your Light
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes

14 comments:

  1. Your Winter table is stunning Lori! The dishes your Sil gifted you are adorable and just perfect for this lovely setting along with the cute snowmen and such pretty elements all around the table, like the icicle napkin holders.
    Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful dishes! They are fabulous! And I love your snow day tablesetting. We are celebrating snow days at my house. After several years of substitute teaching (where snow days are just another day without pay) my daughter is a full time 3rd grade teacher and we appreciate snow days on a number of levels LOL. I worked in a government office and we NEVER had snow days. We were expected to soldier through the drifts, ice and piles and make our way in time to open the offices (even if the public wasn't foolhardy enough to try to get into see us once we were there). I enjoy the fact that I am unemployed and can appreciate the snow from inside my warm home instead of while navigating the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous and fun table! Yes, we occasionally get snow days here in Missouri but now that I'm retired, I don't have to watch the weather and worry. You've encouraged me to play with my dishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Winter Table is beautiful! Love those snowballs under glass, what exactly are those? Did you make them?
    Everything looks just wonderful!
    Gina at Victorian Wanna Be

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my new favorite snow table. I just love the snowmen and the plates are perfect for a "Snow Day" dinner. The whole setting is just beautiful from the snow outside the window to the snowflakes above the table.

    The snow is piled up about six feet high in places along the road in our development. So far no snow days this year. The kids have had a few "cold" days when the wind chill factor takes the temperature to 25 degrees below zero (and colder).

    I'm retired so I don't care. I stay home and cook up comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tablescape! I love the snowball centerpiece. What a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great table scape. Pinning. Glad to have found your lovely blog at Whatsit Wednesday. I'm your newest follower. Please let me know if I may use a small photo. I'd love to feature your post. Thanks! Susan

    Snow - I loved snow when I lived in Michigan where we had dry light happy snow and well plowed streets. And Sensible drivers. I live near the City now. NYC. Across the river in northern NJ. They don't do snow well here. To say more would be unkind.
    Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun snow day table! I like the addition of your hanging snowflakes. Nice touch!

    Here in East Tennessee, there's one road "back in the sticks!" in our county that is very shady. Any time there's the least bit of ice or snow, the bus can't make that route—so they cancel school for everyone. Unbelievable! Around here, there are waaaaaay too many snow days! Wish I could send a few your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful...love your snowman plates. Those snowflakes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow Days! I remember those!! I grew up in Saskatchewan... It takes a lot to get a snow day. I currently live in Denver,Colorado and we actually get... snow days.
    Love your blog and the snow balls.
    Sharon at zoesfrontporch.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning table! I LOVE your snowman plates and you've highlighted them so well: all your hanging snowflakes, your snowflake tealights your snowflake treats (what are they?!). An absolutely beautiful space. Thanks for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tablescape! I love snow but in Lisbon/Portugal never snows :(!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tablescape Lori! Love all the little touches you added and the plates are so fun! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to sit at this magical table; I would never want to leave!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".