Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Wheat Centerpiece

  Here is an idea for a terrific yet easy-to-make fall and/or Thanksgiving centerpiece.  First off though, I must give credit to Jillian at Evolve, Living & Giving (local home decor store that I love!) for the inspiration which I shamelessly copied!

If you live on a wheat farm, this will be super inexpensive for you but if not, hopefully, you'll be able to find some bundles of wheat sheaves like the ones I got at Evolve, Living & Giving for $4 each.

You will also need some type of clear vase.  I preferred to use one of my cylinder vases.

 I used grains of wheat as filler for the vase (Thanks, Jillian for giving me some of yours!) but you could also use brown rice, beans, popcorn kernels, etc.


You can separate each wheat sheaf or make larger groupings depending on the look you want. Simply poke them down into the filler you've chosen.


I added a black lantern (Walmart, this summer) to the grouping...



...as well as my rustic wooden-look pumpkin(HomeSense, last month)


Love how it turned out!  But I think I need to make more of them as I'm constantly moving the wheat centerpiece to different areas around my home.  Its wonderfully versatile...
...working just as well on an end table as the top of my sideboard.
 
A similar look could also be created using oats or barley and/or different types of vases.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be linking this post to these fabulous blog parties:
Centerpiece Wednesdays at The Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesday at Savy Southern Style 
Tablescape Thursdays at Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home  
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Let's Dish at Cuisine Kathleen 
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming


11 comments:

  1. This is wonderful ~ I love it! I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit when you have a chance.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have the wheat in a vase already, so I'll change it up a little now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks fantastic. I love it. I am so horrible at decorating. Thanks for the inspiration! Hope to see you at True Aim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...I must try this next year! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely love this. I have a big bundle of wheat and it is one of my favorite things to decorate with. Gorgeous idea. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful and simple centerpiece! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea and the use of different grasses in a tall vase might change the feel!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love this! So simple and yet so elegant! Why didn't I think of this? You didn't miss any detail, even down to the rafia bow you tied around the vase. What a lovely Fall display! Love the organic feel of your vignette.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".