Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year's Eve Tablescape

I'm a little late posting this but since its still the first month of the year, I'm going to reveal the New Year's Eve Tablescape I created for 2011.
A trend I have seen lately is the mixing of gold and silver and I went with that look for this celebratory dinner.
The centerpiece is a large glass vase filled with faux ice chips, "disco ball" ornaments and a white pillar candle.
 
 This was surrounded by gold and silver picks and flanked by two silver candle holders placed on a mirror.
 Each place setting was decorated with a party hat and horn. The men guests got this type of hat while....
  
 ...the women got to wear various tiara type adornments.
The trio of pillars add a gentle glow to the table.  
 Star shaped tealight holders placed on the mirror add to the festive atmosphere.

Yep, that's snow outside the window.  It is very high now that Mr. Delight has shoveled the roof after our last big dump.  It is kind of like living in an igloo!
Love these glittery ornaments that reflect the light.

These silver candle holders add more shine to the tablescape.

Of course, New Year's is very much part of the Christmas season in our house and the tree makes a pretty backdrop.



 I used my white, gold rimmed dishes (had for many years now) on silver chargers. 
 White placemats and black napkins were alternated at each place setting.
 The mirror runner is an ordinary dressing mirror that usually hangs in our spare room.

 Bring out the champagne! Its time to celebrate!
 Looking forward to all that 2011 has to offer!
 
 Thanks for bearing with me for this photo intensive post!  
I am linking to Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.  Be sure to visit Marty and Susan and the others linked to these great blogs!

25 comments:

  1. Your table is GORGEOUS!!! I love the bow napkin rings and also the combination of gold and silver. I'll bet the glow cast by the candles really made everything sparkle. Thank you for sharing this beautiful tablescape with us.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your tabelscape is gorgeous. I love the mix of the silver and the gold and your centerpiece is just exquisite. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD, your table is a feast for the eyes. Everything is just gorgeous and so many details to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and festive! I love all the sparkles and bling...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! So sparkly and gorgeous!! I LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sparkly, pretty tablescape! I know that everyone had a fun time with this.

    I love how you placed things on that mirrored surface to make it gleam even more, and I adored the mixing of silver and gold. I like that mix as well.

    Very, very, VERY festive, elegant tablescape!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was all so festive. I bet you and your guests had a great time! I am a china obession person too! I will follow your blog. Thanks for some great ideas.This is first TT i have joined in so much fun!
    Marie Arden Pink Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loaded with details, as usual. It says, "Get ready to party in the most elegant way."
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! I love all the sparkle, and the combination of silver and gold does look wonderful. The placesettings are stunning! I know your guests felt very special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness, this is gorgeous!! I love all the gold and silver together. It just sparkles. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning in every sense of the word! I love the mix of silver and gold. I don't know why people are afraid of that. It always looks so good! Your husband shoveled snow off the ROOF??!?!?! He is really dedicated! It's snowing again here in Lee's Summit, MO as I write this. We just dug out from 7+ inches dumped on us a couple of days ago, and now it's snowing AGAIN! Rats!!! We have a party to attend about 45 minutes from home tonight, and I do NOT want to drive in this! I'm going to pray that it stops before it reaches an inch! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a gorgeous sparkling table...the centerpiece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous table! I'm dazzled by all the glittery sparkle & shine~ so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This table is absolutely gorgeous! I like the look of mixing silver and gold too. Makes everything look richer. And what a feast for the eyes. But then I love anything that sparkles, diamonds, crystal, lights, fireworks...so this is a favorite of mine!

    I'm sure every guest at your table felt especially special! Happy New Year to you!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. The perfect blend of glitter and glow. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous table! It looks so sparkly and festive! I am sure that your guests felt so special sitting at such a pretty table! Your tables are always so lovely! Tell you hubby to be careful when he's up on the roof...that job always scares the dickens out of me!! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to comment on this a few days ago, but Blogger was being difficult!
    What a gorgeous table, all sparkles and glitter!
    I love the bows! You know ribbon is another of my downfalls!
    The centerpiece is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Russell Wilson Jersey Women's axiotakix
    Larry Fitzgerald Game Jersey axiotakix
    Russell Wilson Jersey axiotakix
    http://www.authenticnikepackersjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. axotomarvex nike Reggie Wayne jersey
    nike Andrew Luck jersey
    www.coltsproshop.us
    UnmannaSmurce

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have appreciated with getting lot of good and reliable latest beautiful colorful candles collection with your website. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful Get Wholesale Unscented Pillar Candles . I love colorful candles, it makes me happy. Thank a lot for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".