Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An Arrogant Reindeer

Last year at Christmas, I was really drawn to the newer colour scheme of copper, brown and gold and was fortunate to find some items during the half price sales after the holidays.  

Because we leave our decorations up until late January, I set to work creating a Christmas Tablescape out of my new purchases.

I put this gold reindeer on a cake plate covered with a brown napkin inside a wreath with gold berries and a plain evergreen one dressed with faux brown poinsettias and gold grapes and balls.

My son named the tablescape "Arrogant Reindeer" and the name has stuck.  He does have his nose pretty high in the air!




The weather cooperated and the snow outside made for a lovely backdrop to the golden glow on the dining room table.






I used my gold rimmed white dishes, copper chargers, gold placemats and gold (coloured) flatware.  A votive with a gold berry ring adds warmth to each setting.  Bronze coloured ball ornaments hold the placecards beside individual gold topped S&P shakers.







The centerpiece was flanked by a glass vase with candle insert filled with a layer of gold beads, then small brown ornaments topped with bronze coloured ornaments.


The table runner is a golden brown colour atop a rich brown damask tablecloth with matching brown napkins under the bowls.



Yes, that reindeer looks mighty "arrogant"!  Its okay though as I think he makes a nice centerpiece and has a right to be proud, if not a little snooty! 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to get the pics of my wine tasting party last weekend ready for you soon.   Be sure to stop by Between Naps on the Porch for a great idea on what to do with all those Christmas village pieces - Susan has outdone herself! 

25 comments:

  1. Really beautiful table. I love the color scheme of browns, coppers and golds. Michaels has some really pretty Christmas items in this color scheme.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is stunning, the centerpiece is so striking and beautiful and the china and crystal are all so beautiful, you do a nice table girl, I'll be back again and again to see your creativity, love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bronze color and I love your "arrogant" reindeer:-) This is a very beautiful table and I love the centerpiece with the snow in the background. Gorgeous photo!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I love the bronze color. You've got tablescaping skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly lovely! I love bronze and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love your gorgeous napkins and tablecloth, china and stemware, your colour combo is so elegant and rich looking, love the reindeer too :-), Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks glorious with the snow.... Very glam... and gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table, love the colors together, so warm and cozy. You out did yourself. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning reindeer has every right to be arrogant. He is clearly King of the table!

    Gorgeous colors, beautiful composition. Truly a treat.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! So glamorous. I love everything you've done. It's very inspiring. I'm now looking around my home to find things I could use to make my table more exciting.

    Thanks.

    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this matches my tree and decorations perfectly. Could you just pack it up and send it my way! I've been looking for a table runner in the bronze/brown and haven't found it yet. I just love everything on this table. Wow!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! I love your theme and those colors are so elegant. Wow...and the snow outside is just an added beautiful extra! Boy you have a great blog with so much I will have to come back with a cup of cocoa and look through ALL of it. You have done an amazing job with your table decor and I for one LOve IT!
    bLESSINGS,
    dEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! I love the colors and your design. Everything is so beautiful and elegant. I will definitely remember this tablescape for a future table of my own. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a spectacular table...the reindeer is gorgeous, even with his nose in the air! I love the colors you have chosen, they are so warm and rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I SAY the deer has something to be arrogant about--a beautiful rich tablescape---it is strikingly RICH looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Spectacular doesn't describe what a wonderful table you've set. I too, like have been drawn to the new bronze and browns. Stay tunned and you will find some of those in up coming posts..lol. I find the colors so rich and warm. However, the living area of our home screams traditional, red !! Thanks for swinging by to say hello. Pop in any 'ole time..
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW!! It looks fabulous..the colors are so rich!
    I can't believe that snow..In the 60's today..I was outside without a coat decorating the porch!
    What a gorgeous table, DD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He's a beautiful reindeer! No wonder he's a little arrogant! And with that snow right outside your table -- he looks all ready to take flight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is pretty! I have a gold theme this year for my dining room ( to be seen soon in a tablescape) and I am really liking it.
    Great job, thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. The table is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! Love the mix of the rich tones of the gold and bronze. Very elegant!

    Your newest follower,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful! Love the copper color and the "arrogant" reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your table settings are absolutely lovely! I love the warm rust, bronze, and gold colors. Your sight inspires me get excited about my own seasonal decorating. Thank you for sharing your creativity!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".