Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

Red Truck Christmas Etagere

What is it about the red truck with the Christmas tree in the back that you see all over these days? If you haven't noticed its presence in all sorts of Christmas decor, you mustn't have been paying attention. :) 


What is its appeal?  Does it conjure up feelings of the good ole days when life was simpler - where going out to cut down a Christmas tree was a special event?  Does it makes us dream about going home for Christmas?  
Is it its vintage charm and nostalgic look?

Whatever it is,  I love it and that's the look I went for when decorating my etagere for Christmas this year.

Follow along as I take you on a shelf by shelf tour starting with the top shelf.

The mountains is the perfect place for this red truck to head so I thought my mountains are calling sign fit right in.

Trees and skis fill the box of the truck.

 A lantern and starlit trees guide the way.

Buffalo check wrapped gifts add a rustic Christmas vibe to the scene.

And below the top shelf...

...the second shelf also has a red truck vignette.

I got this picture of a red truck at Home Hardware.  I didn't turn it on but the headlights, tree in the back and the stars in the forest all light up.

Mr. Moose (from Walmart) gets a cozy buffalo check scarf.

On the other side of this shelf, a red lantern and Merry Christmas sign sit next to decorative skis and a small gift.



Buffalo snow is used to create the look of snow drifts.

Heading on to the third shelf...

...a Happy Holidays sign is placed on a wooden crate ...

...and a small red truck is tucked among some greenery.



Bronze toned reindeer rest in the snow on each side of the crate.

A red and black buffalo check towel is draped over the edge.

Lanterns flank each side.

The bottom shelf features a pillow with a red truck design.

I placed it inside a round basket as a backdrop to...

... these two majestic deer with some wintry decorations behind them.

 I  had lots of fun decorating our etagere using the terrific red Christmas truck as a theme. 

To me, it does evoke a feeling of
 an old fashioned Christmas and all that goes along with it.

I hope you enjoyed seeing it.  Have you succumbed to the red truck craze?

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:

20 comments:

  1. This bookshelf is incredible! Definitely an inspiration for next year! Pinned it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the truck, buffalo check, etc. loved how charming the shelves turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shelves all look lovely. I'm a big fan of red trucks in Christmas decor too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, yes...I will admit that I, too, am caught up in the red truck craze. For me it's nostalgia. My Grandfather had a red pickup truck back in the day and, although I never saw him haul a Christmas tree in it, it brings back memories of a simpler, joyous time. Anything that reminds me of the old farm is a good thing! You did a magnificent job with this decor!!! I LOVE it!!! I especially like the whimsy of the "scarf" around the reindeer's neck! So cute, and it's a great way to "cozy up" decor!I love all the black you incorporated into your decor, too. I did that last year and loved every minute of it!!! Bravissimo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am definitely on the red truck decorating "train". Last year it was my centerpiece for my dining room table. I used the Better Home and Gardens Christmas pattern from Walmart and I used deer on either side of the truck. I use it all year long, just changing what is in the bed of the truck. (Easter eggs, flower pots, pumpkins, etc.) Love what you have done with each shelf - so pretty. You are a great decorator and an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your etagere! Yes, I have been seeing the red trucks all over blogland, guess I have been paying attention. So cute, love the vintage charm and nostalgic. I've been decorating for days but I don't have a red truck. I may have to make a trip out to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun collection of those cute red truck pieces! It all just makes me want to go cut down a Christmas tree in a flannel shirt! The lanterns and buffalo checks look great. It all makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, this is too adorable! Your home looks like the ultimate holiday shop with this rack and your sideboard! Your decorations and details are incredible, you are ready for a very Merry season indeed Lori!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this, it looks super cohesive and purposeful...and therefore excellent!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love the red truck craze and have used it around my home also. Your etagere is styled fabulously with such great items that all work together. I love it. The best part is you can keep it up all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Last year I used my truck theme in the kitchen for a "keep on trucking" tablescape. This year it has moved to the entry. That truck really does get around. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking for an old tin truck like that for ages now. (Wanting to decorate it for the seasons with pumpkins or Christmas trees). It looks so cute!

    I like the deer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Christmas decor -- I have two red trucks so far, both bought at Michaels. Love the Moose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow so beautiful!! Makes me want to decorate for Christmas again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE everything on your shelf. Love the way you’ve displayed everything. I also really love the shelf unit. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for your kind compliments! I got the shelving unit (etagere) many years ago at City Furniture.

      Delete
    2. I’ve looked every where for this Etagere any other place that you may know of that may sell this exact one or similar?

      Delete
    3. You might be able to find a similar etagere with glass shelves on Wayfair as I've seen some recently on their website. ~ Lori

      Delete
    4. What would be the best thing to look up, I just absolutely love this and can’t find anything similar!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".