Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Canadian Cabin Christmas Mantel

This year, my Christmas decorating began with the fireplace area of our home.  Using buffalo check plaid and woodsy elements, the mantel and hearth took on a Canadian Cabin type of feel.  Living in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada that is exactly the type of vibe I love and especially at Christmas.








A snow-covered wreath took center stage on top of a black framed mirror. Lights were added to it and strung along the mantel as well.

White moose, red berries, birch logs and greenery were arranged to create a woodland scene.

Buffalo check ribbon was tucked in below the mirror.

Winter sports were highlighted with this set of skis ...

...and this sleigh.

On each end of the mantel, a black vase holds birch, greenery and a star.

White trees were placed next to the black vases.




Of course, the hearth was decorated to fit the theme as well.

Buffalo check stockings were hung from a curtain rod below the mantel.



On the right side of the hearth sits a small trunk with a faux fur throw on top.

A buffalo check wrapped present, red truck ornament and seasonal pillow were arranged on the trunk.

On the other side, my trusty black lantern is adorned with a faux red candle and greenery inside.







I'm looking forward to cozying up by the fire and enjoying the festive season ahead.


Have you started decorating yet?  Do you have a theme or colour scheme in mind? I'd love to hear!


Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Source List:
Buffalo Check Stockings - Save on Foods Grocery Store (last year)
Buffalo Check Wrapping Paper - Save on Foods (last year)
Buffalo Check Ribbon - Fabricland
Buffalo Check Throw - Canadian Superstore
White Moose - Beyond Gifts (local gift store)
Moose Pillow - Amazon.ca
White Stars - Pharmasave Drug Store (were brown but painted white)
White Trees - Home Hardware
Red Truck Ornament - Beyond Gifts (local gift store)
Joyeux Noel Pillow - made from Walmart placemat by my sister




7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this, but particularly the Buffalo plaid and those white moose! I think I recall seeing them on one of your tablescapes from last year. Am I right? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cozy, inviting and gorgeous! Love the lantern on the hearth. Stopping by from Celebrate & Decorate blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful!!!!! I love the checks and plaids....I am using red Christmas plaid and black and white checks here and there this year. But FIRST.....40 family members to feed at Thanksgiving! We should be smart and do our Thanksgiving earlier like you folks do!
    Have a great weekend and be blessed!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous display, you did an amazing job. It especially fits B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a comfortable fun feeling your decor offers. Love the colors and precious Christmas techniques
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the buffalo check, so pretty!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your woodsy mantle! I used my plaids, ski's, sleigh, and snowshoes in our entry this year. I enjoy moving it around from year to year. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".