Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Ladybug Luncheon

Here is a fun summertime tablescape I was inspired to create thanks to my sister, Sandi who does stone art.  She gifted me with some cute ladybug stones awhile back and this week, I finally got the chance to play with them. A coordinating red and black tablescape evolved into a Ladybug Luncheon.


Ladybugs are such a cute insect and Sandi definitely captured that with her painting on the tiny stones.


I set up a table for two in the backyard.

I don't have a lot of polka-dot or ladybug decor but I managed to put together some items that fit the theme.

The only thing I purchased new was a package of these adhesive ladybugs from the Dollar Store.

I stuck a few on some glass mugs
 - not sure I'd want just any bug on my drinkware, but these guys (gals) are okay with me ;)

Using dishes, table linens and accessories I already owned, I created a fun ladybug picnic look.

I placed a few of the stone ladybugs on these small wooden pieces Mr D cut for me a few years ago.

The placecard markers were also set on birch log pieces.

A combination of  ladybugs, boxwood stems, ribbon, pebbles and a mini-chalkboard were arranged in a glass votive holder.


A card table was set over the firebowl that is the usual focus in this spot.  I cleared away the other furniture and arranged some plants around the table.




Of course, the centerpiece had to be ladybug themed :)

Two of the stone ladybugs were placed inside glass vases filled with sand.  A trio of these were set on a black rectangular tray filled with pebbles.

I love the little hearts she painted on them!



Red handled flatware coordinated with the dishes and theme.

I used two of these railroad type lanterns in black and red tying contrasting ribbon on each.

More of the stick-on ladybugs were placed on this birch-look vase.

A combination of faux and real flowers along with some fresh boxwood stems make a pretty arrangement on the table.

What's a luncheon without an invited guest?


A place was set for my mom, Maxine.

I made a simple lunch for us.


Bowls of Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup were served atop the small birch chargers.

My favourite lunch - avocado toast. I like to add a bit of balsamic vinegar drizzled on top.

For dessert, Caramel Cheesecake.

A summer luncheon all inspired by...

...these little cuties!

These  stone ladybugs were just the beginning for my sister as she has developed her skills further and now does memorial/portrait pet stones.  See here for more pics/info.


Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Home & Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

27 comments:

  1. Wow, your sister is very talented....must run in the family! Your table is fabulous! You really captured it perfectly! Wish I had been there;) Glad you still have your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite me - I want to come to the most beautiful Ladybug Luncheon of all time! Everything looks so fun and festive and came together perfectly. Tell your sister she's super talented and I wish I had just a tiny bit of her gift. Who would have ever thought that painting rocks would completely change the look of a table setting. Seriously, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is among your very, very best!!!!!!!!! Sandi is super talented, and how cool is that that your sister could provide this kind of top notch inspiration?!! I love the mix of the black and white buffalo check with the red and white checkered pieces. VERY sharp! Pinned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea, and what a darling tablescape to bloom from a little painted ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my heart! How does one go about getting invited to have lunch at your house? Your table is delightful . . . I'm sure that you had loads of fun putting it all together.
    Happy Summertime.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute tablescape!Love the reds and ladybugs!Congratulations for your sister too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little lady bugs are so cute and I love all of the elements that you pulled together! The logs, the ladybugs on the mugs, it all just screams fun!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER CUTE! You put a lot of effort into this & it shows. What a fanciful way to have lunch = love it!

    Please come share at Reader tip tuesday: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/08/15/reader-tip-tuesday-craft-recipe-party/
    It's open & growing all week...would love to have your inspiration at the party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly pulled your ladybug theme together. Such cute little bug gifts from your sister. Your red and black theme just pops for your table. Love the centerpiece and all your touches, Lori, so fun and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you didn't miss a detail!! Love all the little stick on ladybugs - adorable! And the painted rocks are, too -what a talented sister! I am sure Mom enjoyed the delicious lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! The lady-bug stones are adorable. What am I saying? You entire table is adorable. I'm ready to picnic! Now, if we can only get the heat to give it a rest...we'd be on our way! Thanks for sharing your fun picnic tablescape. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this! I love ladybugs and the little stones your sister decorated are adorable! Those memorial/portrait stones your sister is doing are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute table with so much to look at. I really like the ladybug theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness Lori, you thought of everything and more! One of the cutest tablescapes I've ever seen, you always go over the top with so many incredible details! I know your mom was thrilled to join you and your sister's clever ladybug creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I think ladybugs are so pretty and this tablescape does them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lori, just popping over from Rattlebridge. I don't usually go for tablescapes, but yours is so stinkin' cute that I couldn't pass it by. I absolutely love gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is completely adorable! The colors and all the details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH Lori!! This is one of the cutest tables I have seen in a long time. The centerpieces are perfect. So many details!! The whole table and setting is just wonderful!!!! PIn worthy for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much detail... this is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This tablescape is just as cute as a bug! Yes, pun intended! You didn't need a lot of polka dot things to create this pretty summertime table, your black and white buffalo check pillows sure pulled it all together! You are reminding me that fall is not here yet, I need to treasure the rest of summer with fun tables like this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lori, what a beautiful table you made! ! I'm so glad you liked the ladybugs and had a chance to use them. The lunch sounded delicious too! Thanks for mentioning my page in your blog :-) you're a wonderful sister 💜 Thanks also to all who gave me such nice commpiments.
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lori, Your sister does beautiful work! The table is simply marvelous! I love all your little details that work so elegantly together! Pinned to share.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lori, I can see that talent runs in the family! This is the perfect Summer tablecape, and there is so much attention to detail! I love the cute little buggers! ;)
    Also, the vase, wow! It looks so realistic, and what a great idea for your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You can work a theme like no other Lori! Your tables are always full of eye candy and so inspirational. Thank you so much for always sharing with us at Celebrate Your Story11

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a wonderful theme. You put it together so well with the checkered table cloth and the lady bugs everywhere. Cute gift from your sister.

    I really think you large back yard with all the green trees everywhere is beautiful. So nice to have that amount of green space to enjoy your luncheon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".