Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Canada Day Birch Log Centerpiece

With Canada Day fast approaching, I wanted to add some simple decor to my backyard area to reflect this special holiday.  I began by creating this simple rustic centerpiece for the fire bowl table on our patio. Here's some details on how I put it together.





I needed the centerpiece to be easily removable for when we take the cover off the fire bowl to light it or if it starts raining.  Thus, I put the arrangement in a square black tray.

This red maple leaf patterned dish towel was a recent purchase from the Dollar Store and made a terrific themed runner under the centerpiece.

This trio of birch log candleholders (made for me by Mr D a few years back) were perfect for the rustic Canadiana look I was going for.

I tied red/white checked ribbon around them.

A bit of faux greenery with faux white flowers were arranged around the birch logs. 
I also tucked in some red grapevine balls.

These little flag picks were placed inside the ribbon at various heights.

There you have it - a simple rustic Canada Day centerpiece for the backyard.

Here's another simple way to add Canada Day decor to your outdoor space - arrange flags into your potted plants.

It doesn't get much easier than that!

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

15 comments:

  1. Dear Lori,
    Looks beautiful on your national day decor. It's suggestive and stylish. I would like such a yard with such an inspired decor every time.
    I wish you wonderful summer days, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red & White check, birch logs, and Canadian Flags. Perfectly Canadian. Well done. I like the red maple leaf tea towel too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, Canada! We stand on guard for thee! Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's perfect!!! My BIL made us some of the birch candle holders about 10 yeras ago. They move around the house. Have a great evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Lori! The birch logs are such a perfect accent for your rustic Canadian theme. I hope Canada Day wlll be a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Lori. The perfect touch for your Canada Day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, happy Canada Day this weekend! I love your beautiful country and in fact am visiting Quebec City in August for a few days. My partner Rick has been to BC before and tells me how beautiful it is. So much to discover!

    Your centerpiece is terrific and with those great logs I couldn't help but think how lovely that would look at our cottage in Northern Michigan! I may have to borrow the idea, although I'm not sure I can find such perfect logs! And the towel was a great find -- don't you love those?

    Happy week. I come from Jann's and hope you'll stop by The Marmelade Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I really like how you used those birch candleholders!! Happy Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, your setting looks wonderful! Your centerpiece makes it look like a perfect place to celebrate Canada Day!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori,
    Your decorating always inspires me. Great centerpiece for Canada Day - have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Canada Day Lori! Your decor is so cute! My husband's birthday is July 1 so we start celebrating then and go on through the 4th! Love the birch candles and all your flags~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, this is adorable! I love gingham in the Summer! That backdrop looks so inviting and lush! Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply perfect! I think it could be used outside all summer!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Canada Day Lori! Your backyard looks just amazing. The centerpiece is so pretty and festive, it makes me want to sit and enjoy your wonderful patio for hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".